Sweetened Condensed Milk Caramel – Slow Cooker
This delicious sweetened condensed milk caramel is made with only 1 ingredient using a slow cooker. Also known as Dulce De Leche. It’s SO EASY and absolutely Delicious!
Sweetened Condensed Milk Caramel
This caramel is called Dulce de Leche. The name comes from Latin America and is our favorite kind of caramel. It’s made by slowly heating sweetened milk which changes the color and also creates an incredible flavor.
Other homemade caramel requires a lot of attention and time stirring and making sure the caramel doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan. This method is so quick and easy with amazing results. You’ll never want to make caramel any other way after trying this!
This caramel will be a bit thick compared to other caramels, but you can always thin it out by adding in a little bit of milk before you heat it in the microwave.
We think this Caramel spread is so handy to have in the fridge and can be used for lots of recipes. Also delicious with toast, graham crackers, drizzled on ice cream, cakes, pies, pancakes, etc…
- You can thin out the caramel for drizzling by add a teaspoon or so of milk before heating.
- This Dulce de Leche will keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Make sure you do NOT use evaporated milk, that is not the same thing as condensed milk.
- The cans have to cool before opening. Do NOT open the cans while hot. This could be dangerous.
- You will get the same results with any brand of sweetened condensed milk you decide to use.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Caramel (Slow Cooker)
- 2 14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- Place the sweetened condensed milk cans in the slow cooker over on their side. We take the labels off, but you can also leave them on.
- Add hot water over the cans leaving 2 inches of water over the cans.
- Turn on your slow cooker and set the time for 8 hours on low.
- Remove cans from slow cooker using hot pads or tongs. Do NOT open the cans just yet while they are Hot. This could result in the cans exploding and could be dangerous. Run the cans under cold water until cooled (about 8 minutes).
- Once cooled you can open the cans and dive in. You can eat from the can if you want it immediately, or you can spoon the caramel into air tight jars or glass containers to store in the fridge.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Other Caramel Desserts you will love…