This Strawberry Pretzel Salad is so Delicious and Easy to make! This dessert salad has a salty pretzel crust filled with a creamy sweet cream cheese layer and a strawberry topping that is irresistible! This layered strawberry pretzel dessert is loved by adults and kids.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
So there has always been a huge debate about the name of this recipe since the word “salad” is used. I didn’t come up with the name, but I grew up with my grandma making dessert salads so this is totally normal to me. Would love to know what you would call this recipe.
This traditional dessert salad is made up of 3 layers…
- Pretzel Crust: crushed salted pretzels, sugar, and butter
- Creamy Filling: cream cheese, sugar, and whipped cream
- Strawberry Topping: strawberry jello and sliced fresh strawberries
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Ingredients you will need:
- cream cheese
- Cool Whip
- strawberry jello
- fresh strawberries
Strawberry jello pretzel salad is so easy to put together. You will have to have to wait just a little bit for refrigeration, but super easy to prep. Just 3 simple steps…
- Crust: Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and butter and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Cheesecake Filling: Whip cream cheese and sugar, fold in whipped topping. Spread over the baked pretzel layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Strawberry Topping: Combine jello and water with fresh strawberries and pour over the cream cheese layer.
Can I Make This In Advance?
Yes! We like this the best when it has been in the fridge for 1 full day and it will keep for up to 4 days.
- You can use frozen strawberries if you can’t find fresh (defrost and drain first). You could also substitute or add other fresh fruit.
- Allow each layer to cool before adding the next layer to prevent any melting.
- Make sure to use a whipped topping such a Cool Whip instead of making your own whipped cream. Homemade doesn’t set as firmly.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed salted pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 6 ounce package strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together jello and boiling water until jello is completely dissolved. Add the strawberries. Place in the refrigerator.
- In medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
- In medium bowl, beat Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate until cool, 30 minutes or more.
- Carefully spoon gelatin topping over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
LIKE THIS PRETZEL SALAD RECIPE? PIN IT!