This Strawberry Pretzel Salad is so Delicious and Easy to make! This dessert salad has a salty pretzel crust filled with a creamy sweet no-bake cream cheese layer and a strawberry topping that is irresistible! This layered strawberry pretzel dessert is loved by adults and kids.
The Best Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
So there has always been a huge debate about the name of this recipe since the word “salad” is used. I didn’t come up with the name, but I grew up with my grandma making dessert salads so this is totally normal to me. Would love to know what you would call this recipe.
Watch The Recipe Video!
What Is Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
This traditional dessert salad is made up of 3 layers…
- Pretzel Crust: crushed salted pretzels, sugar, and butter
- Creamy Filling: cream cheese, sugar, and whipped cream.
- Strawberry Topping: strawberry jello and sliced fresh strawberries
Ingredients you will need:
- Pretzels – Crush any type of pretzels for the crust.
- Butter – The butter is melted and used for the crust.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar.
- Cream Cheese – Softened.
- Cool Whip – This is used for the topping.
- Strawberry Jello – You need boxed strawberry gelatin.
- Fresh Strawberries – Thinly sliced.
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Strawberry Jello pretzel salad is so easy to put together. You will have to have to wait just a little bit for refrigeration, but super easy to prep. Just 3 simple steps…
- Crust: Combine crushed pretzels, sugar and melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Cheesecake Filling: Whip cream cheese and sugar, fold in whipped topping. Spread the mixture over the baked pretzel layer and refrigerate until firm.
- Strawberry Jell-o Topping: Combine jello and water with fresh sliced strawberries and pour the strawberry jello mixture over the cream cheese layer.
Can I Make This In Advance?
Yes! We like this the best when it has been in the fridge to chill for 1 full day and it will keep for up to 4 days.
Tips & Tricks:
- Strawberries – You can use frozen strawberries if you can’t find fresh (defrost and drain first). You could also substitute or add other fresh fruit.
- Pretzels – Easily crush the pretzels using a food processor or place them in a large zip-lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Layers – Allow each layer to cool before adding the next layer to prevent any melting.
- Topping – Make sure to use a whipped topping such a Cool Whip instead of making your own whipped cream. Homemade doesn’t set as firmly.
- Variations – the flavor of this dessert salad can easily be changed with different berries and Jello. Another option is orange Jello with mandarin oranges or you can try our Raspberry Pretzel Salad.
Other Strawberry Recipes You’ll Love:
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Strawberry Butter
- Baked Strawberry Donuts
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Cake
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed salted pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8 ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 6 ounce package strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together jello and boiling water until jello is completely dissolved. Add the strawberries. Place in the refrigerator.
- In medium bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Press into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 8 minutes. Cool on cooling rack.
- In medium bowl, beat Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate until cool, 30 minutes or more.
- Carefully spoon gelatin topping over filling. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until firm.