Baked Beans are one of the more well known side dishes to any meal. Whether you enjoying a warm hotdog to a thick and juicy steak. But, all things can become even better and more improved. These wonderfully unique style Root Beer Baked Beans with Bacon are a game changer.
Root Beer Baked Beans with Bacon
You can share this amazing recipe with your loved ones and they will for sure want to come for seconds. This recipe is super easy to follow and the ingredients are simple to find at your local grocery store. Prepare for beans that burst with incredible flavor and enjoy them for any occasion. Be sure to write this recipe down!
- Bacon- The bacon will add a crispy texture.
- Onion- Have you onions prepared and diced.
- Bell pepper- You can use your choice of Poblano or green bell peppers.
- Minced garlic- You can mince your own ingredients or buy pre-minced garlic.
- Salt and Pepper- For additional seasoning, these will be added.
- Ground beef- Make sure to drain your ground beef before adding.
- Baked beans- These will be added for the signature baked beans.
- Pinto beans- Make sure to have your canned beans drained before adding.
- Root beer- This will be the main flavor for the beans.
- BBQ sauce- The BBQ sauce will add a smoky flavor to your beans.
- Dijon mustard- This will give your beans a strong and powerful taste.
- Chili powder- This will add a bit of spiciness to your beans.
- Cumin- This will be another source of spiciness in the recipe.
- Green onion- Make sure to have your onions prepared and sliced.
How to Make Baked Beans with Bacon
Set your oven to 375 degrees.
Over medium heat in a large iron skillet, cook your bacon until crispy.
Take the bacon out of the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain the grease by placing the bacon on paper towels.
Chop up the bacon and place aside.
Get rid of the drippings from the pan.
Next, pour in the onions and bell pepper to the skillet.
Season with salt and pepper.
For 2-3 minutes, cook your ingredients. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add in the beef and let cook until completely brown. Drain the grease from the beef.
Add the two sets of beans, root beer, BBQ, Dijon, Chili, Cumin and half of your cooked bacon. Mix well.
For 1 hour, cook all of your ingredients.
Use the remaining bacon and green onions to garnish on top.
What Beans go in Baked Beans?
You will be using traditional baked beans in this recipe, then you will be adding in pinto beans as well. Together this creates the most amazing base for these baked beans.
What Does Root Beer Do in This Recipe?
The Root Beer in this recipe is what makes it entirely. The Root Beer is what adds the flavor to the baked beans. Root Beer also has natural sugar and yeast to help with the cooking process and gives a more delightful taste.
Root Beer Baked Beans with Bacon
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion diced
- 1 small poblano or green bell pepper seeded diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 16 oz cans baked beans
- 1 16 oz can pinto beans drained
- 1 cup root beer
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 green onion sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large cast iron skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Chop and set aside. Discard all but 3 Tbsp drippings from the pan.
- Add the diced onion and pepper to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, add the minced garlic, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the ground beef, and continue to cook until fully browned. Drain any excess fat from the pan. Add in the baked beans, pinto beans, root beer, BBQ sauce, Dijon mustard, chili powder, cumin and half of the bacon. Stir well. Bake in the cast iron skillet for 1 hour. Garnish with the remaining bacon and sliced green onions.