These Dr Pepper Baked Beans are so delicious with crispy bacon mixed in to give it a thick, rich, and savory flavor. This baked beans recipe is such a huge hit for Summer cookouts.
Baked Beans Recipe
These Baked Beans are so good and the perfect side for any dish! It is a tasty blend of pork and beans and the added veggies, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, Mustard, Worcheshire sauce, and of course Dr. Pepper create an amazing blend of flavors that will dance on your tongue with every bite. You won’t be able to stop eating them!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Pork & Beans: You can use a can of pork and beans, but I prefer making my own.
Bacon: Crispy and crunchy bacon will add more flavor and texture.
Brown Sugar: I like using brown sugar in my baked beans to add a sweet and rich flavor.
Sauce Ingredients: BBQ Sauce, Yellow Mustard, and Worcheshire Sauce will give you sweet, tangy, and savory baked beans.
Dr. Pepper: This will add a delicious and unique flavor to the recipe. You can use diet dr pepper if needed.
How To Make Dr Pepper Baked Beans
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine until fully incorporated.
Step 2. Add the mixture into a large oven-safe skillet or in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place into the oven for 2 hours depending on how you like your beans. If you want thick and stickier beans, keep them in for longer than 2 hours. If you like them saucier, keep them in for 1 1/2 hours or more until you reach your desired beans.
Step 3. Take them out of the oven and serve right away with any dinner or eat them by themselves..
Tips & Tricks:
Here are a few great tips and tricks for the best-baked beans:
- If you want to use a slow cooker, add the mixture into the cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
- Precooked bacon is a huge time saver for this recipe.
- If you don’t have BBQ Sauce, Ketchup will work just fine.
- I like adding a kick of spice by putting in some diced jalapenos or chipotle.
- You can use any bell pepper for these beans instead of green.
Can I Use Another Soda For Dr. Pepper Baked Beans?
You obviously want to make Dr. Pepper Baked beans with Dr. Pepper. However, if you are wanting another delicious baked beans recipe to try with a different soda, you can try these Root Beer Baked Beans with Bacon. Any dark soda will work just as well too.
What To Serve With Dr Pepper Baked Beans?
You can serve just about anything with these baked beans. Cold meals and hot meals are all the same. Serve these with club sandwiches, hoagies, subs, hot dogs, hamburgers, and even steak, and chicken. These baked beans have a delicious flavor that can be paired with a lot.
More Bean Recipes:
Dr Pepper Baked Beans
- 4 28 ounces can pork & beans
- 8-12 slices bacon cooked, chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp worcheshire sauce
- 1 ½ cup Dr. Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley or green onion for garnish is optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Stir gently until mixed well.
- Pour into a large oven-proof skillet or 9×13 baking dish.
- Bake for up to 2 hours. The length of baking time depends on how you like your beans. If you like a thicker, stickier bean leave it in 2 or more hours. If you like saucier beans then 1 ½ hour might be more to your liking.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.