A Root Beer Float Cocktail is a fun twist on a classic treat. This drink has the cool and creamy taste of a root beer float with a kick of vodka and splash of rum.
Creating new cocktails is so much fun especially when we add big, fun twists to old things. We did that last year with our Margarita popsicles and a Boozy Milkshake. Now, we’re onto a spiked root beer float!
Root Beer Float Cocktail
I foresee this being a fan favorite all summer long. Also, this would be a great recipe to make as you celebrate play off football and the Superbowl. Honestly, you need to great reason to make yourself a little cocktail, so enjoy!
- Root Beer – it’s easier to measure the correct amount if you buy cans instead of bottles
- Whipped Cream Vodka – Smirnoff and Pinnacle both make delicious options
- Rum Chata
- Vanilla syrup – this is found in the coffee aisle
- Whipped Cream – in the spray can
- Cocktail Layering Tool – this is key for making those nice individual layers in the glass.
How To Make A Root Beer Float Cocktail
- Start layering your drink by starting with heaviest first. Pour Rum Chata in first, then the vanilla syrup.
- Next, grab your layering tool and pour the soda in and let it settle.
- Pour in the vodka last, and top it off with a little more Rum Chata and the whipped cream.
- After you serve it with it’s beautiful layers, go ahead and stir the mixtures together and enjoy.
You’ve probably noticed there is no ice cream in this float and you’d be right. The goal was to bring all the flavors of a root beer float in a drink and I think we nailed it. However, who am I to stop you from adding a big scoop of vanilla ice cream into your cup? If ice cream sounds like a great addition to you, I think you should absolutely go for it. Don’t worry – there is no messing this up.
More Drinks To Try Next
Root Beer Float Cocktail
- ¼ cup torani vanilla syrup
- 1 tablespoon rum chata + 1 tsp
- 1 can root beer
- ¼ cup smirnoff whipped cream vodka
- Reddi whip
- Begin with 1 tablespoon of Rum Chata in the bottom on your glass, then pour vanilla syrup on top. The two liquids will begin to mix on their own.
- Using your drink layering tool, slowly pour cold root beer over that syrup layer.
- After the root beer has settled, pour over your whipped cream flavored vodka, then 1 tsp of Rum Chata.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
- Stir after serving and enjoy.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Cocktail Layering Tool
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.