Birthday Cake Shots made with Rum Chata, Cake Vodka and vanilla frosting around the edges are every grown-ups favorite way to celebrate getting older. Make a batch for your next birthday party.
Making pudding and jello shots isn’t anything new here. This is however, the first time we have made a birthday cake flavored shots. And boy, they do not dissapoint.
Birthday Cake Shots
Although it may look that way at first, these are not pudding shots. These are your typical liquid shots and this one combines two liquors to create a cake flavor: Vodka and Rum Chata.
Quick Tip: The colors are just for a fun and festive feel (which we adore) but don’t impact the flavor at all. If you’re in a quick hurry, or don’t care much about presentation, you can skip the food coloring step.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Cake Vodka. Pinnacle Cake Vodka or UV Cake Vodka are both great choices.
- Rum Chata. Basically, Rum with cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Vanilla Frosting. This is to rim the glass so the sprinkles stick.
- Rainbow Sprinkles. For a festive decoration and it tastes yummy with the cake vodka.
- Gel Food Coloring. To dye our shots in fun birthday celebration colors.
- Plastic shot glasses.
- Optional: Fun party straws cut in half.
How To Make Birthday Cake Shots
- Mix. Stir the two liquors together and separate into four small bowls. (If you are not coloring your shots, skip this step.)
- Color. Dye each bowl a different color with the gel food coloring.
- Rim. Dip the shot glasses into the frosting and then into a shallow bowl of sprinkles.
- Pour. Pour your colored shots into the glasses and chill for an hour before serving.
More Fun Variations:
- Try adding some whipped cream on top.
- Add a dollop of frosting on top and then place a candle on the shot for the birthday person.
- You can get creative with the colors and match it to your party theme!
More Recipes To Try Next
Birthday Cake Shots
- ¼ Cup Betty Crocker ready-to-spread Vanilla Frosting
- 1 teaspoon of Pink Purple, Blue, and Green, gel food color - divided
- ¼ cup of Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 cup of Cake Vodka - chilled
- 1 Cup of Rum Chata
- In a bowl, mix the Vodka and Rum Chata. Divide the mixture into 4 small bowls.
- Add the gel food coloring to each dish, making the 4 colors: pink, purple, blue and green. Stir well to mix.
- Place the Vanilla Frosting around the tops of the disposable shot glasses, and dip the shot glasses in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Place the shot glasses on a cookie sheet. With a small ladle add the vodka mixture to the shot glasses.
- Place the shot glasses in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.