I love a good boozy treat that is just for the grown ups. I’m usually busy baking and makings things for the kiddos… who says mom can’t have a little fun, too?!
Having one of these on those hot summer days is so refreshing. I love margaritas so much and honestly, will take them in just about any form given to me.
The thought of a margarita in popsicle form might sound hard to make at first but it’s definitely not at all. Just remember: these need time to freeze so it’s not a last minute treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Tequila. Any brand of tequila that you love will work.
- Lime Juice. You can get this pre-made or squeeze it fresh – your choice!
- Orange Juice. Grab some that is pulp-free (or very little pulp at least).
- Agave. Using agave has changed up how I make margaritas altogether – it’s just so good. My favorite is the blue agave nectar If you want though, you can substitute it with honey or maple syrup.
- Popsicle Molds and Sticks.
How to Make Margarita Popsicles:
- Mix. Mix up all of your ingredients in a pitcher.
- Freeze. Pour the margarita mix into your popsicle molds. You can add a thin slice of lime as well for decoration if you want to. Let them freeze without the stick for about an hour, then add the stick in and freeze another 5 hours.
You Can Also Make Them In Ice Pop Bags
This is another fun way to serve your margarita popsicles. For this recipe there are just a couple of differences:
- Orange liqueur instead of orange juice.
- Less tequila.
- Add in a margarita mix.
Either way you make these, you’ll love them!
More Great Recipes To Try Next
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons agave or maple syrup or honey
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture evenly into your popsicle molds and freeze for 1 hour.
- Cover, put in your popsicle sticks and freeze for 5+ hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with salt if preferred.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounce orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 1 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 cup margarita mix
- optional sweetener: agave nectar or simple syrup, to taste
- 2 ice pop molds