Here’s a secret. These Skinny Buffalo Wings aren’t actually wings. They’re made of cauliflower! Before you run away, keep reading and give them a chance. They’re so, so good.
If you’re a cauliflower fan, or if you’re living the keto life, you can’t miss 30 of the best keto recipes. I also have a phenomenal recipe called Air Fryer Dry Rub Chicken Wings, if you’d like some “real” wings.
Skinny Buffalo Wings
These days, with so many people doing the Keto diet, cauliflower has become such an awesome substitution for things that aren’t Keto friendly.
Same thing for people who live a vegetarian lifestyle.
Now, I know that these skinny buffalo wings aren’t 100% Keto. The Panko Crumbs definitely have some carbs.
But, if you’re a vegetarian or you aren’t that into chicken wings, you’ll be surprised at how delicious the cauliflower is.
- Look for one that’s creamy-white, firm, and doesn’t have any gray or black spots. It’ll weigh roughly 2 pounds.
- Remove the leaves and trim off the stem.
- Using a big, sharp knife, cut the whole thing right down the middle to make two halves. It’ll be much easier to chop into bite-sized pieces.
Other Cauliflower Recipes
Skinny Buffalo “Wings”
Step by Step:
- Start by dicing cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Place eggs into one bowl, and panko crumbs and seasoning into another bowl.
- Dip cauliflower into eggs, and then into panko crumb mixture.
- Repeat with each piece.
- Place coated pieces on to a greased cooking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden, about 20 minutes.
- After baking dip each piece in buffalo sauce and place on a greased cooking sheet.
- Broil for 5 minutes.