Cauliflower Soup may not sound like the best thing, but you will be so pleasantly surprised if you make this recipe. Even if you are not a fan of cauliflower, you will most likely think this soup is absolutely delicious. This is a healthier alternative to potato soup and for those of you eating low-carb Keto diet.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
The roasted cauliflower gives this soup so much flavor and it’s also so smooth. This delicious soup is also very easy to make using ingredients that most of you will already have on hand.
Roasting the cauliflower brings out such a delicious flavor in this soup. Sometimes we make double batched and use one for the soup and save the other for dinner the next night. I love to sprinkle parmesan cheese on top…yum!
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Dutch Oven – This is our absolute favorite pot and we use it daily.
- Immersion Blender – This is not something that you will use daily, but it’s so nice to have and makes a huge difference with recipes.
- Slotted Spoon – This is a great slotted spoon and we use it often.
- Add in some spices – For a kick of heat, you can add in cayenne pepper, chili powder or hot sauce. Curry powder or paste also works really well.
- Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to three days.
- Freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
- Replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth if you are vegetarian.
- Lighten it up with low-fat cream cheese. You can also leave out the shredded cheese and bacon on top.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix the cauliflower florets with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sea salt. Spread on your greased and lined baking pan. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until browned on the edges. Make sure the cauliflower is soft.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and thyme. Saute for about a minute.
- Add the chicken broth and roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 8 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the cauliflower pieces. Puree the pieces using a immersion blender until completely smooth. Then add the smooth cauliflower mixture back to the pot and stir.
- Cut the softened cream cheese into cubes then add to the soup. Use the immersion blender again to mix in the cream cheese until melted and smooth.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Saute bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and then crumble into pieces.
- Serve the soup on bowls and top with the shredded cheese and bacon crumbles. You can also sprinkle some chopped green onion if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Check out some of our other favorite soup recipes…