This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is a fantastic side dish that tastes amazing and good for you. Whether you are trying to eat more vegetables, eating a low carb or Paleo diet, this cauliflower rice side dish is made in the Instant Pot and has very little prep work.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This is a great side dish to make in the Instant Pot. It is made in no time, has the most amazing flavor and it goes with almost any meal. It is a great way to add more vegetables to your diet and is all-around healthy for you.
- Frozen riced Cauliflower- You can also make your own riced cauliflower
- Olive Oil- Olive oil is best but vegetable oil can be used.
- Butter- Always use unsalted butter so you can control the amount of salt in the recipe
- Sweet onion- You can also use yellow onions.
- Garlic- You can mince the garlic yourself or buy it preminced.
- Cilantro- Cilantro gives this rice such an amazing flavor.
- Organic black beans- Be sure to drain and rinse the beans
- Limes – You will need the lime juice and zest.
- Chicken broth- If you want to make this vegetarian, you can swap the chicken broth to vegetable broth.
- Garlic salt- You can also use garlic powder and just add salt.
- Seasoned pepper- This gives an amazing flavor.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Add the olive oil and butter to the Instant Pot inner pot and set it to saute. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and saute it for a few minutes until it gets golden brown.
Add the garlic and cook it for about 1 minute.
Turn off the Instant Pot and add the cauliflower, cilantro, black beans, lime juice and zest, broth, garlic salt, and seasoned pepper. Stir it together well.
Place the lid on the Instant pot and set the valve to sealing. Set the time to 2 minutes.
Do a quick release and once the pressure is released stir the cauliflower rice and serve.
Is This Rice Keto Friendly?
Yes. This cauliflower rice is keto approved. It is a much better choice when you are following a lot carb diet. Since this rice has so much flavor, you won’t miss traditional rice.
Can You Make with Riced Broccoli Instead?
You can make this recipe as riced broccoli instead. You can rice the broccoli in a food processor, a blender, or chop by hand. This recipe will taste amazing with broccoli.
What to Serve With Cauliflower Rice?
- Air Fryer Cheesy Keto Corn Dogs
- Baked Cheese Keto Taco Shells Recipe
- Keto Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip with Blue Cheese
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 package frozen riced Cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 large sweet onion - chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely minced Cilantro
- 1 can Organic black beans - drained and rinsed
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:
- Add the Olive oil and butter to the Instant Pot, and press the Saute setting.
- Melt the butter, and add the chopped onion, and Saute for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Turn off the Saute setting, and add the frozen Cauliflower, cilantro, black beans lime juice, chicken broth, garlic salt, seasoned pepper, and lime zest, and stir well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to SEALING, press the Manual button, and set the time to 2 minutes.
- It will take about 10 minutes for the Instant pot to build the pressure, and then cook for 2 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF. Do a quick release, by turning the pressure valve from sealing to VENTING, and release the pressure.
- When all the pressure has been released, the float valve will drop down, and you can remove the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Stir the Cauliflower, and place in a serving dish.
- Serve, and Enjoy!