Loaded Cauliflower Bake is a cheesy veggie-centered dinner idea that I can even get my kids to eat! You can use this as your main meal or as a side dish if you have trouble getting your kiddos to eat their veggies plain.
I just love making meals with cauliflower! You can sneak this veggie into so many dishes. For instance, we have made Buffalo “Wings” with it. Creamy Cauliflower Soup is another family favorite. If you’re here because you are on the Keto Diet, we have a ton of recipes just for you right here.
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
Cauliflower (which actually means “cabbage flower”) is so good for you. It’s cholesterol-free, full of fiber, healthy carbs and even some protein.
Combining this vegetable with seasoning, bacon and cheese makes it not just bearable, but downright tasty for anyone to eat. Even the most pickiest of eaters will eat their cauliflower now!
How To Make a Loaded Cauliflower
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt & Peppeer
- Green Onions
Start out by boiling your cauliflower for a few minutes. Then, make your cheese sauce. In a skillet heat butter and garlic together until it’s combined and start adding in flour. Once you’ve got that mixed up, slowly pour in milk and then cream cheese; whisk together.
Remove that from the heat and add in your shredded cheese to melt. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and sprinkle with your toppings: bacon and green onions. Bake for half an hour and enjoy!
What Are Cauliflower Florets?
Florets are the “top” part of the cauliflower. Remove any leaves and then cut the tops off of the “stump” to get florets. You can certainly eat the whole vegetable if you’d like.
Want to make this dish totally vegetarian? Just leave the bacon off and you’re all set. Enjoy!
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- 2 small heads cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13x9in. baking dish.
- Boil cauliflower florets in salted boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain all water from the cauliflower and dump into prepared dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until fragrant (1 minute).
- Add flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add milk 1/2 cup at a time and bring to a simmer.
- Add cream cheese and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of the sharp cheddar; stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower and stir to evenly coat.
- Set aside 1 tablespoon each of cooked bacon and green onions, then stir the rest into the cauliflower.
- Top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted completely.