Slow Cooker Tropical Chicken is a tender and flavorful recipe that is slow-cooked to perfection. This Tropical Chicken has some of the best flavors you will ever have by using ingredients like pineapple, apricot, lemon, and more and the crock pot will do most of the work for you!
Tropical Chicken In A Slow Cooker
Tropical Chicken is just so delicious! Prepare this recipe in the morning and have it ready by dinner. You can stick to your busy schedule and the slow cooker will do all the cooking. The crockpot chicken recipe is great for any occasion and even better for feeding a crowd.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Chicken Thighs: Chicken Thighs will be used, but you can use chicken breast or other cuts.
Pineapple: The pineapple will need to be in chunks. The pineapple will give you that tangy and tropical taste.
Apricot Preserves: The Apricot Preserves will give the chicken an additional sweet flavor and really add to the overall dish.
Soy Sauce: Adding soy sauce can not only add flavor but when you want to bring out the flavors of the recipe. This ingredient will work amazingly.
Teriyaki Sauce: Teriyaki is such a tasty condiment to use for this recipe and really ties the recipe together.
Lemon: You will want freshly grated lemon Using fresh lemons will give you the best flavor. I always love using fresh ingredients because they give the best results.
Cornstarch: Cornstarch is a great thickening agent when it comes to making sauces.
Rice: This Tropical Chicken is very good and even better when laid on a bed of rice.
How To Make Slow Cooker Tropical Chicken
Step 1. In a large skillet, add the oil and heat before adding in the chicken and cooking for 2-3 minutes.
Place the cooked chicken into a 5-quart slow cooker with onions, pineapple, and bell pepper on top.
Step 2. Add the apricot preserves, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and grated lemon into a small bowl and combine.
Put the mixture on top of the chicken and veggies in the crockpot. Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low.
Step 3. About 30 minutes before serving, take the chicken out of the crockpot. In a bowl, combine the chicken with cold water and cornstarch. Place back into the slow cooker and mix.
Step 4. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high or until the sauce is thick. Put on a bed of rice and enjoy!
What Goes With Tropical Chicken?
You can serve almost anything with this delicious recipe. I recommend serving it on a bed of rice, but it can be eaten with other things. You can try this recipe with a side of veggies, a salad, or breadsticks.
How To Store Leftover Tropical Chicken?
Allow the chicken to cool down slightly before placing it in an airtight container for the best storage method. Keep the recipe stored in the fridge. You can also store the recipe in the freezer to save for a later time.
More Chicken Recipes:
Slow Cooker Tropical Chicken
- 2-3 lbs. Chicken Thighs boneless-skinless
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 20oz Can Pineapple Chunks drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Apricot Preserves
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tsp Lemon Freshly Grated
- ¼ Cup Water Cold
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Rice for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet then browns chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a 5-quart crockpot and top with onions, pineapple, and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl combine apricot preserves, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and grated lemon, mix well.
- Spoon apricot mixture over chicken and veggies/pineapple.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving remove chicken from crockpot. Combine cold water and cornstarch to make a slurry and pour into a crockpot. Stir well.
- Return chicken to crockpot cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot over rice. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.