We want to share with you this Yoda watermelon that we came up with for my 6 year old son’s Star Wars themed birthday party. This was a big hit with the kids (and adults) and you will love how easy this is to make! In my opinion this is a must have for a Summertime Star Wars party!
How To Carve Yoda Watermelon:
- Find a good round watermelon at the store or farmers market.
- Slice off just a small portion from the bottom to get it to stand up and not roll around.
- Then cut a big piece off of the back.
- Then cut out pieces of the watermelon from the hole in the back.
- Cut those peices into edible sized pieces and then use a spoon to get out the watermelon deep inside.
- Put the cut watermelon pieces back inside.
- Take the cut off back piece of the watermelon and cut that in half.
- Secure half of that on the bottom back of the watermelon with toothpicks so the watermelon pieces do not fall out.
- It will look like this…
- Then take that other half piece and cut that in half to shape the ears.
- Take the two halves and round off to a point with your knife.
- Attach with tooth picks.
- Use your scraps to decorate the face and attach everything with toothpicks. The pupils on the eyes are 2 dark grape halves.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
20 comments on “Yoda Watermelon!”
I have to feature this today, and pin it, and try it soon because Reece is a HUGE Star Wars fan 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!
TOO cute! Definitely Pinning this!!
AWESOME!!! Pinned! xo
How cute!!! My boys would have loved that!
This is too cute! You are so creative…Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday 🙂
My boys are HUGE Star wars fans and would love this! Very creative! 🙂
I voted and I hope you all win! You deserve it!
Yay Yoda! Love this!! I gotta pin it to my party board 🙂
I love Star Wars (since the 70's) Now my grandkids love Star Wars (3rd generation) This is just too perfect for summer and STAR WARS! Also I would love to invite you to TWO parties this week. I will be co-hosting at Katherine’s Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop and I will also be hosting my own Freedom Fridays Blog Hop. So hoping to have you visit both days and share any of your awesome posts:)
PS Have a super Marvelous Holiday Weekend
You are sooooooooo creative with food!
This is amazingly cute