We want to share with you this Yoda watermelon that we came up with for my 6 year old son’s Star Wars themed birthday party. This was a big hit with the kids (and adults) and you will love how easy this is to make! In my opinion this is a must have for a Summertime Star Wars party!
How To Carve Yoda Watermelon:
- Find a good round watermelon at the store or farmers market.
- Slice off just a small portion from the bottom to get it to stand up and not roll around.
- Then cut a big piece off of the back.
- Then cut out pieces of the watermelon from the hole in the back.
- Cut those peices into edible sized pieces and then use a spoon to get out the watermelon deep inside.
- Put the cut watermelon pieces back inside.
- Take the cut off back piece of the watermelon and cut that in half.
- Secure half of that on the bottom back of the watermelon with toothpicks so the watermelon pieces do not fall out.
- It will look like this…
- Then take that other half piece and cut that in half to shape the ears.
- Take the two halves and round off to a point with your knife.
- Attach with tooth picks.
- Use your scraps to decorate the face and attach everything with toothpicks. The pupils on the eyes are 2 dark grape halves.