Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is a two-in-one dessert that you have always wanted. There are fresh strawberries intertwined with a smooth and creamy cheesecake ice cream topped with crumbles of graham crackers.
No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
This delicious cheesecake ice cream is so good and takes away the hassle of using an ice cream machine. The sweet strawberry flavor is infused into this recipe and is combined with the graham cracker crust to taste exactly like a cheesecake. Strawberry cheesecake ice cream is the perfect after-dinner dessert and is sure to be a hit for whoever tries it.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Strawberries: To get that amazing strawberry flavor, you will want to use fresh strawberries.
Granulated Sugar: You can’t have sweets and delicious ice cream without sugar. Sugar will blend into the ice cream to make a sweeter flavor to the recipe.
Lemon:Using fresh lemon juice will give you a nice tangy and slightly sour flavor to the ice cream. You will also be using the lemon zest in this recipe.
Graham Cracker: When you make a cheesecake, you have a graham cracker crust, so this will help with that cheesecake texture we all know and love.
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and most natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Cream Cheese: Use softened or room temperature cream cheese to allow ingredients to blend more easily. Using cream cheese in your filling will enhance the flavor and give it a more fluffy and delectable texture.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This ingredient is all about getting that smooth and almost creamy texture that you love when it comes to ice cream.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is a great thickening agent and when used at room temperature it creates a creamy consistency.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is used not only to add an aroma to the recipe but also to enhance the flavor as well for a sweeter and more delicious recipe.
How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Step 1. Add the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt into a saucepan and combine. Allow the mixture to cook for 10 minutes and bring to a boil until soft and mushy.
Graham Cracker Swirl
Step 1. Add the graham crackers, butter, and sugar into a medium bowl and combine them into a sandy mixture.
Step 1. Add the cream cheese and condensed milk into a large bowl and combine on low-medium speed for 3-4 minutes until combined. Place the heavy cream and vanilla into another bowl and combine for 7-8 minutes until it forms soft peaks. Slowly combine the whipped cream in batches and fold to combine using a spatula until fully combined. Put in the lemon zest and combine again.
Step 2. Add the prepared strawberry mixture into the ice cream base and leave 1/4 cup for later.
Fold to combine for about 2-3 minutes. Put the 2 tbsp of the graham cracker mixture into the base of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Place 1/3 of the ice cream base onto the crust layer and sprinkle with a bite of the crust mixture, then continue until the loaf pan is full (should only be about 2 more times).
Step 3. Put in the strawberry compote and use a knife to swirl into the ice cream base. Seal with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for about 6 hours or overnight for the best results.
Step 4. Scoop into a cone or in a bowl and serve. Enjoy!
Can I Make This Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream With Other Fruits?
This amazing recipe is made with strawberries to give it a fresh and sweet flavor. A recipe like this can be made with other fruits like blueberries, raspberries, or bananas.
Is Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Soft Serve?
This cheesecake ice cream is smooth and creamy with the perfect ice cream texture. Even though this is a no-churn recipe, it isn’t soft serve. It will have the same texture as store-bought ice cream.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Ice Cream
- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Ice Cream Bread (4-ingredients)
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
For strawberry compote
- 2 cups strawberries fresh, leaves removed and quartered
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh
- Pinch salt
For graham cracker swirl
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tbsp white granulated sugar
For cheesecake ice cream base
- 8 oz cream cheese full-fat at room temperature
- 1 14 oz sweeten condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- To prepare the strawberry compote: To a saucepan combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the strawberries turn soft and mushy. Keep it aside.
- To prepare the graham cracker swirl: To a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, unsalted butter, and sugar. Mix it to form a sandy mixture. Keep it aside.
- To prepare cheesecake base: To a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and condensed milk on a low-medium speed using a hand mixer for 3-4 minutes until well combined.
- In another bowl beat the heavy cream and vanilla for 7-8 minutes until soft peaks are formed. Add the whipped cream in batches to the cream cheese mixture and fold them with a spatula gently until all the whipped cream is fully incorporated. Add in the lemon zest and fold it.
- Stir in the prepared strawberry compote (reserve ¼ cup for later use) to the ice cream base and fold it 2-3 times without overmixing. Keep it aside.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the prepared graham cracker mixture to the base of the 9X5 loaf pan. Transfer about ⅓ portion of the ice cream base layer and then sprinkle some graham cracker mixture layer and repeat the same for two times until the loaf pan is full.
- Stir in the reserved strawberry compote and make a swirl pattern. Cover the cheesecake ice cream with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Scope and serve the strawberry cheesecake ice cream to enjoy. Store the remaining ice cream in the airtight container.