An Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is the perfect Summer dessert with layers of Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip & M&M’s. It’s super simple to make and tastes yummy. If you have someone in the family with a Summer birthday, this is the cake for you!
We love No-Bake Desserts during the hot Summer months, don’t you? I like a sweet treat that’s delicious and cooling. This dessert certainly fits the bill. I picked a few other of my top no-bake desserts that I listed down below.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Making an ice cream cake with ice cream sandwiches is so clever isn’t it? Half the work is done for you already by just buying a few boxes of sandwiches from the grocery store. I love how simple it makes it all.
And this isn’t just cake. We made this one specifically for the Oreo lovers by using Cookies ‘n Cream ice cream sandwiches and topping it off with crushed Oreo cookies.
Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Ingredients
- Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream Sandwiches – two boxes.
- Cool Whip – partially thawed so you can spread across the ice cream.
- M&M’s – you can get creative with these and use the minis, or the peanut butter version, etc.
- Chocolate Sauce – to drizzle.
- Oreos – for the topping.
- Sprinkles – optional for decoration. You can use this to match colors for a holiday or a kids favorite color for a birthday.
Each time you make this you can vary it but choosing different flavors of ice cream, candy and cookies!
How To Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Layer four ice cream sandwiches, half a container of Cool Whip, M&M’s and chocolate syrup.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Continue with the remaining layers.
- Top it off with cookies and sprinkles.
- Freeze altogether for 2 hours before serving.
See, super easy right? You can make it ahead of time because it will store well in the freezer up to a month, wrapped in foil.
More No-Bake Desserts
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 12 Cookies and cream Ice cream sandwiches Can use any flavor you like
- 2 – 8 ounce containers cool whip Partially thawed
- ¾ cup M&M’s
- ½ cup chocolate sauce
- 5 Oreo Cookies
- Rainbow sprinkles for the top
- On your serving plate, place four of the ice cream sandwiches horizontally. Place the remaining sandwiches in the freezer.
- Top the sandwiches with ½ one 8 ounce cool whip container. It is okay if some of the cool whip comes off on the sides.
- Top cool whip with ¼ of M&M’s and drizzle of chocolate syrup. Place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Once the first layer’s 15 minutes have passed, continue the second layer the exact same way. Then freeze for 15 more minutes. Repeat until every layer has been done.
- Top final sandwich layer with remaining cool whip, allowing it to topple over the sides and spread it around as if frosting a cake. Top with M&M’s. Chocolate drizzle, and crushed oreo cookies.
- Freeze in the freezer for at least 2 hours before slicing. Enjoy!