Ice Cream Bread (4-ingredients)
Making Ice Cream Bread is a delicious way to make an easy and yummy dessert without using much time. All you need are some basic ingredients and of course the most important ingredient: your favorite flavor of ice cream!
Ice Cream Bread
This bread recipe is so good and makes a delicious treat. Making this recipe is so much fun and will definitely be one of the most simple recipes you will ever make. You can serve this to friends and family for brunch, or enjoy it as a late-night snack. There is a variety of delicious bread recipes out there with incredible flavor like this Strawberry Margarita Bread and Lemon Blueberry Bread.
- Custard- You will need frozen custard to add to the dry ingredients.
- Powdered Sugar- This is the best sugar for homemade icing.
- Flour- Use self-rising flour for this recipe or all-purpose as a substitute.
- Sprinkles- You will need colorful sprinkles for this recipe.
- Butter- You will need to spray butter for this recipe to grease your pan.
How to Make Ice Cream Bread
To start, add the frozen custard into a large bowl and mix until creamy.
Next, add the flour, sugar, and sprinkles into the custard and combine until fully incorporated.
Now, use spray butter to grease a loaf pan, then use two separated pieces of parchment paper to line the loaf pan.
You will want to cut one piece of the paper lengthwise with a bit more to hang off the edges of the pan, then cut the other piece widthwise while also leaving some to hang over the sides of the pan.
When the bread is done, you will be able to lift the cake out of the pan without it sticking.
Next, pour the finished batter into the prepared pan.
Place the pan into the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until you place a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
The top of the cake will begin to brown, so just cover with foil to keep it from burning.
To Finish, take the bread out of the oven and transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
After, use the extra parchment paper on the sides to lift the bread out of the pan and put it back onto the wire rack with the parchment paper still attached.
Allow the recipe to cool thoroughly before serving.
Finally, wrap the finished bread in parchment paper, then foil and put it into the fridge for the best results.
Cut into 1-inch slices and enjoy!
What is ice cream bread?
Ice cream bread is exactly how it sounds. You will use a frozen custard or ice cream in this recipe and add it to the ingredients to make the bread. You are infusing the bread with the custard to make it Ice Cream Bread.
Can I Use Different Flavors of Ice Cream?
Yes, you can definitely use other flavors of ice cream for this recipe. Whatever flavor you desire will fit well with the recipe. You can use flavors like chocolate, vanilla, lemon, cookies and cream, and so many others.
What If I Don’t Have Self Rising Flour?
This bread recipe will not rise if you do not use self rising flour. If you do not have self rising flour on hand, you can make it. To make 2 cups of self-rising flour, you would mix together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
More Bread Recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Swirl Bread
- Garlic Bread Pizza (Texas Toast)
- Strawberry Bread
- Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Ice Cream Bread
- Parchment paper
- Bread pan or loaf pan
- 2 cups plus 1 Tablespoon of Frozen Custard - Softened
- 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of Self Rising Flour
- 1/2 cup of colorful Sprinkles
- Spray Butter
- In a large bowl, place the Frozen Custard, and stir until creamy. Add the Self Rising Flour, Powdered Sugar, and Sprinkles, and stir all together until well blended. Lightly spray the loaf pan with Spray Butter, and using two pieces of Parchment paper, line the Loaf Pan; Cut one piece of Parchment paper to fit lengthwise in the pan, and hang over the ends, and one piece to fit the width of the pan, and hang over the sides of the pan, so when the bread is done, and cooled, you can easily lift it out of the loaf pan. Pour the bread batter into the loaf pan, and add a few sprinkles on the top of the dough.
- Bake the Bread at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When the top of the bread turns golden brown, cover the bread with foil to prevent the top from burning. When the bread is finished baking, remove the loaf pan to a wire rack to cool, and cool in the loaf pan for 30 minutes. Using the Parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan, and place the bread on the wire rack, still sitting on the Parchment paper. Let the bread cool completely before cutting and serving. For best results, wrap the bread in parchment paper, and then in foil, and place the bread in the refrigerator overnight. Slice in one-inch pieces, serve, and Enjoy!