Made with just a few ingredients, this Copycat Arby’s Sauce recipe tastes just like the original! Enjoy on your roast beef sandwiches or as a dip for fries.
Copycat Arby’s Sauce Recipe
Arby’s is one of our favorite fast food restaurants and truthfully, I think my kids love the Arby’s sauce more than the actual food. That led me to trying to make it at home and I have to say, this copycat Arby’s sauce recipe is just as good, if not better, than the original!
This is the perfect condiment for an Arby’s Beef and Cheddar sandwich. Add some seasoned curly fries and you have a complete copycat meal. But don’t limit yourself there. This sauce is also great on wings, burgers, and other sandwiches. Not to mention as a dip for fries!
We always keep a jar of this in the fridge and I’m always finding new ways to enjoy it. If you’re a fan of the fast food chain, definitely give this recipe a try.
Why You’ll Love This Condiment
Here are a few reasons you’ll love this simple recipe.
- Tastes just like the restaurant. This copycat Arby’s sauce recipe tastes just like the original sauce. So good!
- Versatile. Add this to your roast beef sandwiches, of course, but also to burgers, wings, fries, and more.
- Long shelf life. Stored properly in the fridge, this sauce will last for several weeks so you always have it on hand!
What Is Arby’s Sauce?
Arby’s sauce is the famous sauce served at the popular fast food change. It’s a bit like BBQ sauce but with a little kick to it. It’s typically served on roast beef sandwiches but use your imagination on what to put it on!
This homemade Arby’s sauce is made with just a handful of pantry staples, so you can whip it up anytime.
- Ketchup – Ketchup is the base of this copycat Arby’s sauce recipe.
- Brown sugar – Sweetens the sauce.
- White vinegar – Apple cider vinegar will also work in a pinch.
- Seasonings – Onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper add flavor to this burger sauce.
- Worcestershire sauce – A must for adding savory undertones to the sauce.
- Cornstarch – Thickens the sauce.
How to Make Arby’s Sauce
Here’s how to make Arby’s sauce at home in just a few easy steps.
- Combine the ingredients. Whisk together the seasonings and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix in the ketchup, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Thicken. Create a cornstarch slurry by combining the cornstarch with water. Add to the sauce and mix well. Simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Cool. Remove the sauce from heat, cool, and enjoy.
Tips & Variations
Here are a few tips for making copycat Arby’s sauce, as well as a few variations.
- Stir frequently. Be sure to stir the sauce frequently as it simmers, to prevent it from sticking or burning.
- Make a thinner sauce. You can add a little more white vinegar to the sauce to thin it out a little more.
- Add some heat. If you want a spicier version of the sauce, add a few splashes of Tabasco to the mixture.
Ways to Use Homemade Arby’s Sauce
We absolutely love this sauce on our copycat Arby’s Beef and Cheddar sandwich, just like you’d get at the restaurant! Of course, you can also use it on any other roast beef sandwich or just drizzled over meat.
Other ways to enjoy this sauce include as a dip for French fries – especially on seasoned curly fries. SO good! We also like to enjoy it on wings.
- Fridge. Store leftover Arby’s sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. A glass jar is perfect. It will last for several weeks, so you can make sure you always have some on hand!
More Sauce Recipes
Arby’s Sauce Recipe
- In a small bowl whisk together onion powder,garlic powder,paprika,salt,cayenne pepper and brown sugar.
- Mix in ketchup, white vinegar, and worcestershire sauce.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and heat on low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure to stir often.
- Mix together cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add slurry to the sauce. Mix well.
- Let sauce simmer for another 10 minutes, continuing to mix often.
- After the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and cool.