Cheesy Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce is a delicious low carb healthy dinner that is packed with vegetables. This simple to make delicious dinner is something everyone is going to love whether they are following a low carb diet or just want to get more vegetables into meals.
If you like to have bread with your dinner, The BEST low-carb Cloud Bread is the perfect way to feel like you have bread to enjoy with your spaghetti squash.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Spaghetti sauce has gotten very popular over the past few years as more people are eating low carb or just cutting out things like pasta. This is a great alternative to using spaghetti and it is much healthier too. packed with vitamins, this dinner is very filling as well as a great way to get your family to eat their vegetables without complaining.
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Extra lean ground beef
- Spaghetti sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Preheat the oven the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
Brush the inside of each spaghetti squash half with 1 tablespoon and then season it with salt and pepper. Place the cut side down on the pan.
Bake the squash for 45 minutes until it is fork tender.
As the squash is baking, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet. Add the onions and saute until soft. Add the garlic and saute an additional minute.
Cook the ground beef in the pan and cook until brown. Drain.
Save 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce and add the rest to the ground beef mixture. Cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
When the squash has finished cooking, pull the spaghetti strands loose with a fork. Add 1/4 of spaghetti squash to each side and stir it together with a fork.
Sprinkle each squash with parmesan cheese and scoop meat sauce into each half, then top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake the squash for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Can I Make These Spaghetti Squash Boats Meatless?
You can easily make this into a meatless meal. You will follow along with the recipe as it is written except instead cooking and adding the ground beef. After the squash is done cooking, you will fluff the strands and then add the sauce and cheese. Bake the squash to melt the cheese.
How Can I Cut a Spaghetti Squash Safely?
It might seem hard to cut the squash. You want to carefully cut the squash in half longwise.
Stuffed Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
- 2 medium spaghetti squash cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1- pound extra lean ground beef
- 24- ounce spaghetti sauce lowest carb possible
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Use 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to brush the inside of each spaghetti squash half, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Turn the squash halves over, cut side down, onto the baking sheet.
- Roast the spaghetti squash at 375F for 45 minutes until the squash is fork tender.
- As the spaghetti squash is baking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Crumble the ground beef into the pan and cook until fully browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Reserve 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce and set aside. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce to the ground beef mixture; cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- After the spaghetti squash is finished baking, carefully turn them over with a spatula and use a fork to fluff up the “spaghetti” in each shell. Add ¼ cup of the spaghetti sauce to each half of the squash and stir into the squash with a fork.
- Sprinkle each spaghetti squash half with the freshly grated parmesan cheese. Scoop the meat sauce onto each spaghetti squash half, then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the stuffed spaghetti squash at 375F for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Cool the spaghetti squash halves slightly, then serve hot.