If you can’t decide between cake or cookies, just make both! These Texas Sheet Cake Cookies are a cross between a Texas sheet cake and double chocolate cookies. This recipe is not only delicious, but incredibly easy. If you haven’t made a cake mix cookie recipe yet, this one is going to hook you.
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
There are several reasons why this is one of my favorite cookies recipes. First of all, they’re super tasty, obviously. Second, they are super simple. In fact, the cookies need just three ingredients and the chocolate frosting on top is just four.
Truly, these cookies are on the top of my list for most favorites.
For these cookies we are going to be starting from a boxed cake mix. It’s a really great way to make a moist, chewy cookie. We’ve done it several times and it is a fool-proof method, especially for Texas Sheet Cake Cookies.
- Cake Mix – a milk chocolate cake, any brand
- Eggs & Oil – the ingredients listed on the box for the cake.
- Unsalted Sweet Cream Butter – this is the best choice but in a pinch, any butter will do.
- Cocoa Powder – unsweetened is fine since we will add in sugar.
- Whole Milk – again, if you’re in a pinch and have a different milk, it will work as well.
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Sheet Cake Cookies
- Prep. Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the cookies. Mix up the three cookie ingredients and scoop them onto the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes, depending on how big you made them.
- Make the frosting. While the cookies cool, whisk the butter, cocoa and milk in a saucepan until it’s combined. Take it off the heat and then add in the powdered sugar. Place the cookies on a wire rack and pour icing onto them. For easy clean up, lay a piece of parchment paper under the rack.
Enjoy these cookies with a big glass of cold milk. The recipe will make about 16 cookies and all 16 will be gone quickly every time!
More Cookie Recipes To Try
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- 1 Box of Milk chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup canola Oil
Chocolate Icing Ingredients
- ½ cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP Whole Milk
- 2 C powder sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs and oil until combined and smooth
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and place it onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart from each other
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing cookies and placing onto a wire rack
- Repeat steps until all dough is baked
- Using a medium sauce pan, combine the butter, cocoa powder and whole milk over medium heat
- Whisk together until combined and smooth
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the powder sugar until smooth
- Place a cookie sheet under the wire rack to catch excess chocolate
- Scoop out a spoonful of icing and pour over the cookies