This White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies recipe is a great dessert recipe. A super simple recipe with a few ingredients and a few steps to follow. These cookies come out so soft and chewy with a lovely sweet and nutty flavor.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
This Macadamia Cookie is so good! This recipe is made with refrigerated cookie dough with two add-in ingredients. The cookies are filled with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. You don’t need to worry about measuring out any ingredients for the cookie dough for a simple and fast cookie recipe. If you have any leftover white chocolate from this recipe, you can make other recipes using white chocolate like these White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Balls or White Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the cookies.
- Butter- This will need to be unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown Sugar- This will add moisture and a softer texture to the cookies.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in it.
- Egg- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Chocolate chips- Use will need white chocolate for this recipe.
- Nuts- You will need salted and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Milk- Use whole or 2% milk for this recipe.
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
In a large bowl, whisk in the flour, baking soda, and salt to combine. Place it aside.
Add in the butter and sugars, along with the egg and egg yolk, with milk and vanilla, and whisk in to combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
Add in the chocolate chips and nuts to that batter and fold to combine.
Place plastic wrap to cover the dough and place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight for the best results.
If you decide to chill for longer than 2 hours, be sure to let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking because if not the dough batter will become hard.
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use silicone baking mats to line to baking sheets. Set aside.
Use a tablespoon to gather about 1.5 scoops of dough and begin rolling and arranging onto the prepared pans about 3 inches from each other.
Place the dough balls into the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies become a golden brown. The middle of the cookies will appear a bit soft.
Take out of the oven and let the cookies sit for about 4-5 minutes on the sheets to cool before placing them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Do I Have to Chill the Dough for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies?
Chilling cookie dough before you use it will help the dough from sticking. The dough becomes easier to mold into cookie dough balls for the recipe. You do not have to chill the dough, but you can.
How long will these cookies keep for?
Keeping the Macadamia cookies at room temperature will have the recipe last up to 3 days. If you place the cookies in the freezer, this recipe could last up to 3 months. You will need to store the cookies in an airtight container.
More Sugar Cookie Recipe:
- Best Sugar Cookies (Soft & Chewy)
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- Maple Chai Sugar Cookies
- Easy Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 16oz. package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until nuts and chocolate chips are fully incorporated.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, portion out the dough and drop balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.