Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons

TikTok Cooking Hack Leaves Man With Burns All Over Face

Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links.

TikTok has so many fun hacks and tips to make life so much easier. But, like with everything, this means many things can, unfortunately, go wrong. For this man, an egg cooking hack left his face completely burned.

@28gazmcd1/TikTok

Gary McDougal decided to try an egg cooking hack he found on TikTok. However, he posted this video explaining how everything went terribly wrong. He tries to warn people to never cook poached eggs in the microwave!

McDougal explains in his video that when he took the egg out of the microwave, the boiling water just exploded all over his face and immediately burned him.

He also commented on his video, “I think the egg has taken up the surface area of the cup and when I’ve put the spoon in it to get it out the bubbling pressure and air has popped, or trapped air pressure, either way no more for me.”

According to Deadline News, he further told them, “You boil the kettle, fill an ordinary teacup halfway up with water and then crack the egg into the cup. You then put it in the microwave for 40 seconds and voila, one poached egg.”

He now is trying to warn people everywhere to never poach an egg in the microwave, just buy one of the machines instead!

Many other TikTok users commented sharing that they had similar experiences. Luckily Gary McDougal will fully recover! Check out his video below:

@8gazmcd1

don’t poach eggs in the microwave

♬ original sound – Gary McDougall
about me

ABOUT JILL

I am a mom of 3 awesome boys that love to get crafty with me in the kitchen. Our blog is full of all sorts creative food ideas for the Holidays, Party Ideas, Free Printables, Featured DIY Ideas, Recipes, & Kids Craft Ideas! Read more...

InstagramFacebookPinterestTwitter
Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

A person with a little bit of cooking experience know not to cook eggs in a microwave.

SEEN ON

As seen on