Have you ever wanted to make a 20 layer cake? Well, this Pumpkin Crepe Cake doesn’t only allow you to create a cake with tons of layers filled with filling. You can also enjoy the wonderful flavor of Pumpkin for this Fall Season.
Pumpkin Crepe Cake
This Crepe Cake is so good! Pumpkin Crepe Cake will have you coming back for seconds and maybe even eat the whole thing! This crepe cake is sweet and creamy, with a light and fluffy texture. Pumpkin Crepe Cake is perfect for any occasion such as breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. If crepes are a treat that you love to eat, you will love these Happy Birthday Crepes or these Strawberry Cheesecake Crepes.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Salt– Use this to bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Sugar- This sugar is always used in the best desserts.
- Milk- Use whole or 2% milk.
- Vanilla- Use pure extract for the best flavoring.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- Use this to add additional flavoring.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Food Coloring– Use Orange food coloring gel, not the liquid.
- Cream Cheese– Use this softened or at room temperature.
- Heavy Whipping Cream– Use this to help the consistency of the dessert.
- Powdered Sugar– Use this to make the best homemade icing.
- Cinnamon– Use this for additional taste.
- Equipment: Crepe Maker
How to Make Pumpkin Crepe Cake
To start, add the eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar into a large bowl and whisk to combine until light and smooth.
First, put in a few drops of the orange food coloring gel and combine.
Secondly, put the flour and pumpkin pie spice into the mixture and combine using a whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps. (allow it to sit for 20 minutes, bubbles formed at the top are normal)
Thirdly, set the crepe maker to low, and when heated, melt a tbsp of butter on the surface of the crepe maker.
Next, pour 1/4 cup of the batter onto the surface once the butter has melted and use the spoon to spread the batter into a thin layer.
In addition, allow the crepes to cook for 3 minutes before flipping and cooking for an additional minute.
Furthermore, take the crepe off and place it on a plate, parchment paper, or Silpat. (Continue until all the batter is used)
To begin, add the cream cheese, and heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a standing mixer and combine until thick, smooth, and creamy.
Next, mix in the sugar, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth.
Afterward, place the filling into the fridge to chill until the crepes are all made.
Assembling the Crepes:
First, place 2 tablespoons of the filling into the middle crepes while they lay flat on a surface and smooth out evenly.
To finish, place another crepe on top and keep filling each crepe until you have it stacked like a cake.
Serve and Enjoy!
What is a crepe cake?
A crepe is a thin layer of batter cooked on a pan or crepe maker. A crepe cake is just many of these crepes stacked on top of each other. Each crepe has a layer of whipped filling on top.
What’s the Texture Like?
The texture of this cake is smooth and creamy because of the filling. The crepes create a soft texture to the cake. When you add all these textures, you will have a spongey and moist crepe cake.
More Pumpkin Cake Recipes:
PUMPKIN CREPE CAKE
- 1 cup of Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter - for the Crepe Maker
- Food Coloring Gel - Orange
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of Cream Cheese - softened
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Eggs, Milk, Vanilla and Sugar, until light and smooth.
- Add a couple of drops of the Orange Food Coloring Gel, and stir.
- Add the Flour, and Pumpkin Pie Spice, and whisk until any lumps disappear, or the batter is smooth. Let batter sit for 20 minutes. Bubbles will form on the top, that's normal.
- Turn Crepe Maker onto the low setting, and when hot, add the Tablespoon of butter and melt on the non-stick surface.
- When Butter has melted, add 1/4 cup of the Crepe Batter, and spread the Batter out thin on the Crepe Maker - either using the Crepe Maker tools (see link), or the back of a spoon. This will make the Crepe Batter thin.
- Cook the Crepe for about 3 minutes, then flip the crepe and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Remove the Crepe with the Crepe tool to a plate, or a piece of Parchment paper, or Silpat. Continue until all batter has been used.
Make the Filling:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix the Cream Cheese, and Heavy Whipping Cream, until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Add the Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Cinnamon, and Vanilla, and blend until smooth. Place the Filling in the refrigerator until time to fill the Crepes.
TO FILL THE CREPES:
- With the Crepes laying flat, add about 2 Tablespoons of the filling to the center of the Crepe, and smooth out evenly.
- Stack another Crepe on top, and continue until all the Crepes have the filling in-between them, and are stacked like a cake. Serve, and Enjoy!