Strawberry Upside Down Cake is so perfect for Summer and only 4-ingredients! Starts with a fresh strawberry mixture on the bottom, topped with a white cake mix, baked and then flipped over.
Upside Down Strawberry Cake
This easy-to-make strawberry cake is so good! You only need 4 ingredients to make it and it’s the perfect last-minute idea if you are in need of it. Whether it’s for a party, picnic, BBQ, or another occasion, this delicious is sure to have everyone coming around for seconds.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
White Cake Mix: Using a boxed mix makes the recipe an even quicker one, but you can choose to make your own homemade cake mix.
Strawberry: You will need freshly chopped strawberries as well as strawberry jello.
How To Make Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Follow the instructions on the white cake mix and set it aside.
Step 2. Arrange the strawberries in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish greased with baking spray. Sprinkle the fry jello mix on top of the strawberries evenly. Add the marshmallows on top evenly.
Step 3. Pour the prepared cake mix into the baking dish and place it into the oven to bake for 50 minutes or until a tester toothpick comes out clean of batter. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes.
Step 4. Use a knife to carefully run around the edge of the finished cake and flip it onto a tray. Serve and enjoy!
Can I Use Frozen Berries For Strawberry Upside Down Cake?
Yes! You can use fresh or frozen berries for this recipe. I prefer using fresh fruit because it tastes better in my opinion, but either one works.
How To Store Strawberry Upside Down Cake?
Place the cake into an airtight container or use a baking dish with a lid. A baking dish with a lid will save you from doing more dishes. Keep the cake at room temperature, in the fridge, or freezer.
More Cake Recipes:
- Upside Down Apple Cake
- Crockpot Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Mini Peach Upside Down Cakes
- Banana Upside Down Cake
Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- 1 white cake mix prepared according to box directions
- 2 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 6 oz box strawberry jello
- 3 cups marshmallows miniature
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Prepare cake batter according to the box directions. Set aside.
- Place strawberries in a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle dry jello mix over top of strawberries.
- Next, add marshmallows.
- Finally, pour the cake batter over top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes. Then gently run a knife around the edges and flip the cake out onto a serving tray.