If you love cake and tiramisu, you are going to love this cake. Bringing together the best of both, this Tiramisu Cake is a great tasting dessert full of flavor. So easy to make, this cake is perfecting for a weeknight dessert or for when you have guests.
If you love layered cakes like this one, you will also love Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cake.
Delicious Tiramisu Cake Recipe
This cake brings together the great tasting flavors of tiramisu with the ease of using a cake mix. This brings together a light, fluffy cake that everyone will love.
- Vanilla cupcake mix
- Whole milk
- Unsalted butter
- Ground coffee
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
How to Make a Tiramisu Cake Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 3 cake pans with baking spray.
Using a mixer, combine the cake mix and its ingredients until smooth.
Divide between 3 cake pans.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. The cake is done when a comes out clean.
Allow the cakes to cool completely.
Once the cakes are cooled, remove the cakes from the pans.
Using the cake leveler, remove the domes of the cakes to make the layers even and flat.
In a medium size bowl, mix together the ground coffee and boiling water and put it in a squeeze bottle.
Using a mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
Drizzle the coffee mixture onto the top of the cake layers and allow it to soak in for 30 minutes.
Starting with the bottom layer of the cake, scoop 1 cup of frosting onto the top of the cake layer and smooth it evenly.
Place the next layer on the cake and repeat. Add the 3rd layer and frost the entire cake.
Using a sifter, sift some cocoa powder onto the top of the cake.
Pipe small dollops of frosting onto the top of the cake and then place chocolate covered espresso beans onto the top of the frosting dollops.
Cut and enjoy!
Does Tiramisu Cake Contain Alcohol?
While some tiramisu might have a coffee liqueur in the frosting or in the cake batter, this recipe does not use alcohol. If you wanted to use alcohol, replace the coffee mixture with a coffee flavor liquor.
What Does Tiramisu Cake Taste Like?
Traditional tiramisu is a custard dessert that has a sponge cake that is soaked in a coffee mixture. It has creamy mascarpone and a cocoa dusting. Sometimes it is made using lady finger cookies. This cake brings in all of those flavors, except instead of sponge cake, it uses a regular cake mix.
Vanilla Cake Ingredients
- 2 - 15.25 Box vanilla cake mix
- 2 C Whole milk
- 1 C unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- Pam baking spray
- 1/4 C ground coffee
- 1 C boiling water
Cream cheese frosting Ingredients
- 6 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 16 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 C unsalted butter softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-7 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the cake pans with the pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a standing mixer, beat until combined and smooth all ingredients for the cakes
- Divide the batter between the 3 cake pans
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely
- Remove cakes from cake pans and place onto the cake boards
- Using the cake leveler, remove the top of the cakes to make the layers even
Coffee Mixture Directions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ground coffee and boiling water
- Pour into a squeeze bottle
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cream cheese, mascarpone
- cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy with stiff peaks
Building the cake directions
- Drizzle the coffee mixture onto the top of the cake layers
- Allow to soak for 30 minutes
- Using 1 of the cake layers, scoop 1 C of the frosting onto the top of the cake layer and smooth evenly
- Place the second cake layer onto the top of the first layer of frosting
- Scoop 1 C of frosting onto the second layer of cake and smooth evenly
- Place the last cake layer on top
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag
- Using the remaining frosting, frost entire cake
- Smooth the frosting with a frosting smoother
- Using a sifter, sift cocoa powder onto the top of the cake
- Pipe dollops of frosting onto the top of the cake
- Place chocolate covered espresso beans onto the top of the frosting dollops
- Cut and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.