Watermelon Margarita use only four ingredients but packs a huge punch. It’s a refreshing cocktail recipe with fresh fruit and tequila that you’ll be making all summer long.
We have made lots of margaritas before but it’s my first hand at using watermelon as the base. I don’t know what I was waiting for because they are absolutely delicious! Once you’ve saved this recipe, scroll down to the bottom where I’ve listed my top 5 margarita recipes for you to try next.
Frozen Watermelon Margarita
A frozen cocktail on a warm afternoon is what summer is all about. It tastes yummy and keeps you cooled down in the heat. Don’t you just love a backyard BBQ when the grill is cooking and you’ve got a cool glass in your hand?
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Watermelon. Seedless watermelon is best for this cocktail. To save some time, you can usually fine some pre-cut fruit at the grocery store. You only need about a cup and a half for this drink.
- Limes. To get fresh squeezed lime juice for this, you will need 2-3 limes. If you want to use lime juice in the bottle, you need about 1/4 a cup.
- Tequila. We used Camarena tequila but you can use your favorite silver tequila brand.
- Ice. This gives the margarita the slushy texture. Add a little more or less for the consistency you like.
Watermelon Margarita Recipe
To make this, just add your ingredients into a blender and blend until the ice is crushed and you’ve got the consistency that you like. Just add more ice for a thicker margarita.
This makes two large drinks, or you can slim it down to three smaller ones.
Pour the yummy mixture into a margarita glass and if you want an A+ for presentation, add some fun paper straws, a wedge of watermelon and a slice of lime. Amazon also has some really cute cocktail accessories like Palm Tree Umbrella Picks and Flamingo Straws. So fun!
You are definitely going to be asked over and over for this recipe once you make it for friends. Get ready for that and Pin it for later so you know where to find it!
More Margarita Recipes To Try
- 1 ½ cups fresh watermelon cut into cubes (seedless watermelon works best)
- 2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice about ¼ cup, about 2-3 limes
- 3-4 oz. silver tequila
- 1 cup ice
- Sliced watermelon and lime for garnish
- Add the ingredients to your blender, and blend on medium to high speed until all of the ice is chopped and it has a slush consistency.
- Serve in glasses and add a slice of watermelon and lime for garnish. Serve immediately.
- If you want a thicker margarita, add more ice and blend for an additional 30 seconds.