Looking for a fun and easy recipe for something sweet? Make 3-Ingredient Mounds Bar Recipe! A sweet coconut filling dipped in dark chocolate and ready for snacking in just about 30 minutes–you’ll love this make-at-home version of Mounds Bars.
3-Ingredient Mounds Bar Recipe
When we want a sweet snack, Mounds Bars are always a favorite! Making them at home was really a fun little project and could be an enjoyable rainy day activity, a homemade gift, or for any reason at all!
While you’re here reading about this 3 Ingredient Coconut Mounds Bars recipe, be sure to check out these equally delicious desserts: White Chocolate Lemon Truffles | Candy Bar Poke Cake | Baileys Chocolate Truffles | Salted Caramel Rice Krispies Treats
Here’s what you’ll need to make the 3 Ingredient Coconut Mounds Bars (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Unsweetened flaked coconut
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Chocolate – we used Ghirardelli dark chocolate melting wafers. They melt very nicely and have great flavor. The bags are 10 ounces, so we needed one and a half bags for this recipe. But you can use any dark or semi-sweet chocolate that you like.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Coconut Mounds Bars
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut with the sweetened condensed milk.
Form the coconut mixture into 12 logs. This will be a sticky job, so it works best if you wet your hands with water. You’ll probably need to rinse your hands a couple of times during the process of making all 12 logs.
Place the coconut logs on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for at least 20 minutes.
Melt about 10 ounces of the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well, then continue to microwave in 15 second increments until completely melted, stirring well between each cooking interval.
Add the remaining 5 ounces of chocolate and stir until melted and the chocolate is smooth. The reason for this way of melting the chocolate is that adding the solid chocolate to the melted and then letting them melt together helps temper the chocolate.
Use forks to dip each coconut bar into the chocolate until completely covered. Allow some of the excess chocolate to drip off the chocolate bars.
Place the chocolate bars back on the parchment paper and allow them to rest until the chocolate is set.
How to Store the Mounds Bars
Keep the homemade Mounds Bars in an airtight container. They will stay fresh at room temperature for up to five days.
More Recipes You Will Love
3 Ingredient Mounds Bar Recipe
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 15 ounces dark chocolate (or semi sweet chocolate)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- With clean and wet hands, shape the coconut mixture into 12 logs, placing each on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt about 10 ounces of the chocolate by microwaving on high for 30 seconds then in 15 second intervals until completely melted. Stir well between each interval.
- Add the remaining 5 ounces of chocolate to the melted chocolate and stir until it is melted.
- Use forks to dip each of the coconut bars into the chocolate, then transfer back to the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Allow the chocolate on the bars to set. Because the bars were chilled in the freezer, the chocolate should set quickly.