Are you looking for the perfect fall treat? This Apple Cider Donut Cake is a light, crumbly, and delectable dessert. This recipe is topped with a cinnamon-sugar mixture for a sweet and cozy treat.
Apple Cider Donut Cake
This Apple Cider Donut Cake is so good and the perfect fall dessert. Apple cider is a well-known drink to enjoy during the fall season and even better when infused into a dessert. This Fall cake is a soft, fluffy, and tasty dessert that is great for any occasion. Apple Cider is so good and if you haven’t had the pleasure of trying it, you should at least try this recipe or others like this Apple Cider Donut Cake or this Caramel Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail.
- Cake Mix– You will need yellow cake mix for this recipe. (I used Betty Crocker)
- Apple Cider– This will be infused into the batter.
- Applesauce– You will need sweetened applesauce for this recipe.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Butter– Use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Brown sugar– This will add richness to the dessert.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Sugar– Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in it.
- Cinnamon– This will be used as an additional flavoring.
How to Make Apple Cider Donut Cake
To start, set the oven to 350 degrees.
First, add the cake mix, apple cider, applesauce, eggs, and melted butter into a large mixing bowl and combine on low using a hand mixer.
Secondly, pour in the brown sugar and vanilla until combined.
Thirdly, use butter to grease a 10 or 12 cup bundt pan, then lightly dust with flour. In addition, add the prepared cake batter into the pan.
Next, place the cake into the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick tester comes out to clean a batter. (mine was done at 45 minutes).
Furthermore, takes the pan out of the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
Finally, after the bundt pan has cooled for 15 minutes, flip over onto a wire rack or parchment paper.
Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
To finish, use a pastry brush to add butter on top of the cake.
Then, top with the cinnamon-sugar mixture on the top and sides of the cake.
Serve and Enjoy!
How to Store?
Placing the recipe in an airtight container is the best way to store the Apple Cider Donut Cake. You can decide to store the recipe at room temperature, or in the fridge. Storing it in the fridge will allow the recipe to last longer.
Tips for Making This Cake:
These are some tips to help you prepare and bake this cake with ease. A few of these will help you pick out the perfect sized pan for this recipe, allow you to pop the cake out of the pan and avoid any pieces breaking off, and more.
- Use butter to grease your pan as well as using flour to lightly dust it.
- Allow the recipe to cool after taking it out of the oven and continuing with the recipe.
- A 10 or 12 cup bundt pan will be the best size to work with.
- When placing the cinnamon and sugar mixture into the pan, you can use your hands.
More Apple Cider Recipes:
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Apple Spice Cookies with Spiced Glaze
- Layered Apple Spice Cake
- Plum Apple Hot Toddy Whiskey Cocktail
Apple Cider Donut Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix I used Betty Crocker
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cinnamon and Sugar Topping:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low to combine cake mix, apple cider, apple sauce, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Grease and flour a 10 or 12 cup bundt pan well and pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (mine was done at 45 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the bundt pan over onto a cooling rack or parchment paper.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar for the topping.
- Brush butter over cake and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar topping on top and sides of cake.