We absolutely love making April Fools’ fun food! This year we wanted to come up with a dinner to look like dessert this year instead of the fun April Fools’ desserts we have made in the past so we decided to make April Fools’ Dunkin’ Donuts Meatloaf!
It’s a lot harder to make dinner food look like dessert and realistic, but we are so happy with how our phony Dunkin’ Phonuts turned out! Most everyone LOVES Dunkin’ Donuts so this was so much fun to make with the kids! This would also be a fun prank to play on the kids for dinner on April Fools and it’s easy to make! How fun to walk in with a box or plate of these meatloaf donuts and see the excitement! Just to realize it’s meatloaf with mashed potato frosting and yes…the coffee is gravy!:) And yes…we actually walked into a Dunkin’ Donuts with meatloaf and took our pictures!
April Fools’ Dunkin’ Donuts Meatloaf Ingredients
- 16 oz. Ground turkey
- 1 Beaten egg
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1/3 of a onion (chopped finely)
How To Make April Fools’ Dunkin’ Donuts Meatloaf
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Press the mixture in the donut pan.
- We made 6 regular sized donuts and 6 mini donuts.
- You could also use a 9×13 pan and just cut out circles using a cookie cutter if you do not have a donut pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- If you are making mini donuts they will be done in about 15 minutes.
Mashed Potato Frosting Ingredients
- 1 container of Country Crock mashed potatoes
- 3 or 4 tbsp of cream cheese
- Pink or red food coloring
- Red, green, orange, and yellow bell peppers (finely chopped)
How To Make Mashed Potato Frosting
- Heat the mashed potatoes according to the directions.
- To get the right consistency we put a few tablespoons of cream cheese with the potatoes in a small chopper while hot. This gave it a bit more of a creamy texture like frosting.
- Split up the frosting and color half of it pink.
- Finely chop your bell peppers to make them look like sprinkles.
- Frost the meatloaf with the mashed potatoes and sprinkle with the bell peppers.
We poured gravy into a Dunkin Donuts coffee cup to look like coffee. Any store bought Gravy will do or you could make your own. We used Heinz….
Here is a close up….
Yes…we actually went to Dunkin Donuts to take our pictures! We had so much fun making this and my boys loved it!