Peanut Butter Popcorn takes a snack your family likes, to a snack they’ll love. This recipe is super quick and easy to make.
Good old peanut butter. If you’re a peanut butter fan you know that it makes so many foods much, much yummier. Have you tried Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cups? Oh wow. That’s a recipe that’ll have people falling in love. Another super popular peanut butter recipe is for these Peanut Butter Muddy Buddy Cookies. Add these to your go-to list of yummy goodies you love to make.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
Popcorn is an easy snack, but it is what it is. Without some kind of flavoring, popcorn is actually pretty boring. It kind of tastes like little fluffs of nothing, to me anyway. Got to have that butter and salt – even though the addition of those things makes it a lot less healthy than plain popcorn.
This recipe isn’t about being healthy, so let’s get rid of that idea right off the bat. It’s about tasting so good that there are no leftovers!
You need 6 cups of plain popcorn. Remember the days of those air fryer popcorn makers? You put all the kernels in and watched it as it shot plain popcorn into a bowl, and almost certainly all over the counter.
Most of those old popcorn makers wound up in Goodwill over the years. Don’t fret. You can still make plain popcorn in a matter of minutes.
You can put kernels in a medium brown paper bag and pop it right in the microwave to get quick and easy popcorn. That’s right. Use a lunch size paper bag and dump 1/3 cup of kernels in. You won’t add any flavor or oil at all.
Close the bag by folding it. No need to seal it. Microwave it on hight for about 2 minutes, OR until you hear the popping slow down – just as you do when you’re popping the stuff you buy in the store. Make sure you don’t leave the microwave, though. It’ll burn quickly.
Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 6 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Pop your popcorn as desired. Air-popped is best, but butter-free microwave popcorn works.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil and set aside.
- Place the corn syrup and white sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the white sugar is completely melted and the mixture takes on a caramel appearance, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Peanut Butter and stir in completely. Continue to cook for one more minute before removing from heat.
- Immediately pour the Peanut Butter mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat completely.
- Spread the Peanut Butter popcorn over the cookie sheet in a single layer. Let set for 4 hours or overnight until no longer tacky to the touch.
- Break up the Peanut Butter popcorn and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
3 comments on “Peanut Butter Popcorn”
This is something I’ve made for over 25 yrs. I do add 1tsp vanilla when I mix in the peanut butter. While I was teaching, my classes loved this as a special treat. My grands love it & I live to send it to college for them! Yummmy!
This recipe is so good!We usually make it on Sunday afternoons when everyone is dozing around. Makes the perfect snack for any occasion!
Peanut butter popcorn was so easy and delish!