Asian Meatballs (Instant Pot)
Wait until you try this recipe for Instant Pot Asian Meatballs! These meatballs are moist and tender and feature the most amazing flavor. Similar to a sticky chicken sauce, these meatballs are going to become something you crave all the time.
Instant Pot Asian Meatballs
This Instant Pot Meatballs recipe is by far one of the best meatball recipes to try. The flavor of the meatballs is so delicious with the most amazing sauce. Serve these Asian meatballs with rice or Instant Pot Cauliflower Fried Rice or Crab Rangoon Egg Rolls.
- Ground Beef- This will be the main source of meat in the meatballs.
- Eggs- Be sure to keep your eggs at room temperature.
- Bread crumbs- This will help the form of your meatballs.
- Green Onions- These will be added to the meatballs and used for garnish.
- Garlic- You will need the garlic to be minced for this recipe.
- Ginger- You will need to have this in a paste.
- Olive oil- You can substitute vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Ketchup- This will give the meatballs a sweet flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce- This will add a smokey flavor to the meatballs.
- Vinegar- You will need to use white wine for this recipe.
- Honey- This will add an additional sweet flavor.
- Soy Sauce- This will add a slightly salty flavor to the recipe.
- Black pepper- Should be freshly ground for the best taste.
- Rice- This will be made to enjoy with your meatballs.
- Water- This will be added to your Instant Pot.
How to Make Asian Meatballs
Add all the ingredients for your meatballs in a large bowl.
You will need to separate the meat into 10 portions. You will begin to roll the meat to form a ball using the palm of your hands.
Pour a cup of water into the IP and put a trivet inside the IP and start to put the meatballs on top. You can stack the meatballs if you need to.
With a tall trivet, Add the water and rice together in a pressure-safe dish (Pyrex bowls, Bundt pan, or even loaf pans).
Place the lid on to seal and close the valve. Put the pressure of the IP on high and cook the meatballs for 7 minutes.
While those are cooking. Begin to make the sauce for the meatballs.
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and combine, then set aside.
You will quickly release the pressure once the meatballs are done.
Take everything out of the IP carefully and let the inside cool down.
Use a pastry brush to coat the finished meatballs in the prepared sauce using as little to as much as you desire.
Place the meatballs on top of rice in a serving dish or bowl and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Make These with Frozen Meatballs?
I always recommend using fresh ingredients with recipes such as this one. Mostly because the contents of the meatballs also blend well and compliment the sauce being added on top. If you absolutely must, you can use frozen, but the meatballs will be missing some of the key ingredients in the meatballs themselves.
What Goes with Asian Instant Pot Meatballs?
Serve your Asian Meatballs with whatever your choose. You can serve with rice as shown in the recipe or get Asian-style noodles and enjoy them with that. You could even just eat them by themselves they are that good!
More Asian Recipes
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice with Yum Yum Sauce
- Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry Recipe
- Air Fryer Sweet Asian Chili Wings
- Instant Pot General Tso’s Chicken Recipe
Instant Pot Asian Meatballs
- · 2 lb. ground beef
- · 2 large eggs
- · ½ cup breadcrumbs
- · 4 green onions chopped (plus more for garnish)
- · 1 tbsp garlic minced
- · 1 tbsp ginger paste
- · 1 tsp olive oil
- · 2/3 cup ketchup
- · ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- · 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- · 2 tbsp honey
- · 1 tbsp soy sauce
- · 2 tbsp ginger paste
- · ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- · 1 cup rice
- · 1 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix all of your ingredients for your meatballs.
- Divide your meat mixture into 10 sections. With the palm of your hand, place the meat inside and roll it into a ball.
- Add 1 cup of water to the inside of your Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside. Place each meatball on top of the trivet. Your meatballs can be stacked if need be.
- Using a tall trivet, place your water and rice together in a pressure-safe dish. You can use Pyrex bowls, Bundt pan, or even loaf pans!
- With your lid on, close the sealing valve. Set your Instant Pot to High Pressure for 7 minutes.
- While your meat and rice are cooking, mix everything for your sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- After the time has finished, do a quick release.
- Carefully remove everything from your IP or allow the insides to cool.
- Once your meatballs have been removed, use a pastry brush to brush the sauce on your meatballs. Use as much or as little as you would like!
- Serve your meatballs over your rice. Top with sesame seeds and green onions! Enjoy!