This Slow Cooker Brisket is melt-in-your-mouth good! Beef brisket is slow cooked until perfectly tender and every bite is infused with flavor. Enjoy sliced with a few sides or on sandwich buns for a hands-off meal everyone loves.
Table of Contents
- Easy Crockpot Brisket Recipe
- Watch The Recipe Video!
- Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Recipe
- What You’ll Need
- How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
- What’s The Best Way to Slice Beef Brisket?
- Tips & FAQs
- What to Serve with Beef Brisket
- How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
- More Beef Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Get the Recipe
Easy Crockpot Brisket Recipe
I have to be honest – there has never been a better way to cook brisket than this crockpot recipe! With hardly any effort, it turns out perfect every single time.
All you need to do is toss everything in the slow cooker and come back 8 hours later. The end result is moist, tender brisket that slices perfectly and has the best BBQ flavor.
Watch The Recipe Video!
We love to serve this BBQ beef brisket on buns with a classic side or two but you can skip the bun and serve it as-is too. And the leftovers make the BEST brisket grilled cheese sandwiches!
Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Recipe
Here are a few reasons this has become one of my favorite brisket recipes.
- Minimal prep time. The time I actually need to spend on this recipe is just minutes. All you need to do is add everything to the slow cooker and let it do the rest!
- Great flavor. Since the beef is slow cooked in the seasonings and BBQ sauce, it allows plenty of time to infuse each bite with incredible BBQ flavor.
- Ideal for a crowd. This brisket served up on sandwich buns with some potato salad is the perfect meal for serving a group – and one that will please everyone!
What You’ll Need
In addition to your brisket, you’ll need just a few ingredients and handful for seasonings for this crockpot brisket recipe. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Brisket – Trim any excess fat off as necessary.
- Beef broth – Prevents the brisket from drying out during the cooking process.
- Worcestershire sauce – Adds deep, savory notes to the BBQ sauce.
- Soy sauce – Adds depth to the BBQ sauce as well.
- BBQ sauce – Grab your favorite bottle at the store or try homemade BBQ sauce.
- Seasonings – A simple blend of smoked paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper infuse the beef brisket with flavor.
What Cut of Meat Is Brisket?
Brisket is the cut of meat that comes from the lower chest of the animal and is one of the major cuts of meat. It’s filled with connective tissue, so it’s best enjoyed when slow cooked. However, unlike roasts or other cuts that are also best slow cooked, brisket doesn’t shred or fall apart. It maintains its shape and can be easily sliced, with a soft, tender texture.
Unlike other cuts of beef, there are no other names for brisket. However, both pastrami and corned beef are made from brisket.
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Brisket
Preparing this tender beef brisket recipe requires just a few minutes of hands on time. This is a great recipe to prep before work and come home to dinner ready to serve!
- Add everything to the slow cooker. Add the brisket, along with the beef broth, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle the meat with the seasonings then add 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Cook. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until tender. You can slice and serve at this point or…
- Broil the brisket. If you’d like a crust on the brisket, place it on a baking sheet lined with foil, brush with the remaining BBQ sauce, and broil until a crust is formed.
- Enjoy. Slice and enjoy!
What’s The Best Way to Slice Beef Brisket?
The wonderful thing about slow cooked beef brisket is that it holds its shape enough to slice but you can also shred it a bit if desired.
For nice slices, thinly slice against the grain. If you prefer a more “pulled brisket” style, slice with the grain. Either way works, it just depends on your desired presentation!
Tips & FAQs
Here are a few suggestions for making the best beef brisket in the slow cooker.
- Adjust the seasoning. Feel free to add whatever seasonings you’d like to this. If you like things spicy, I recommend adding some red pepper flakes or chili powder.
- How do I know when brisket is done? Your brisket should be tender and fully cooked. The easiest way to check this is to stick a fork in it and see if it twists easily. The edges should also shred easily.
- Should beef brisket be red/pink in the center? No. Brisket cannot be served rare, it needs to be cooked completely. If it’s still red or pink in the center, it needs to cook longer. (Pastrami and corned beef are exceptions, due to the brine, but that’s a different recipe!)
- Can you overcook brisket? Yes, it’s definitely possible to overcook your beef brisket and dry it out, so be sure to start checking yours around 8 hours.
What to Serve with Beef Brisket
You can serve your crockpot beef brisket sliced as-is or on buns to make a sandwich. One of our favorite ways to serve it is as a brisket grilled cheese sandwich.
We always like to add a few classic sides like:
Personally, we love a good brisket sandwich with a side of potato salad and baked beans. There’s nothing better! (And it’s perfect for feeding a crowd!)
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
- Fridge. Leftover brisket can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep it in an airtight container or wrapped in foil. Be sure to store any extra juice or sauce with it.
- Reheat. The best way to reheat brisket is bring it to room temperature then pop it in the oven at 325F until heated through. However, the microwave works in a pinch too.
More Beef Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Hamburger Soup
- Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Barbacoa
- Crockpot Steak Bites with Mushrooms
Slow Cooker Brisket
- 5-7 pound brisket trimmed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup bbq sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Parsley for garnish optional
- To your slow cooker add the brisket.
- Add in the beef broth and soy sauce.
- Over the meat sprinkle the smoked paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Pour over ½ cup of the bbq sauce.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours until the brisket is tender.
- This next step is optional to get a crust on the brisket.
- Remove the brisket and place on a foil lined baking sheet, brush with remaining bbq sauce and broil until a brown crust is formed.
- You can skip that part and serve it straight from the slow cooker, both ways are delicious!
- You can slice the brisket against the grain for nice slices or with the grain for a more pulled brisket style.