We came up with this Baby Bird Eggs in Hash Brown Nests idea for a brunch that we hosted years ago and they were a big hit! We recreated them to give you step by step instructions. These are SO easy to make and your kids will love helping to create this for breakfast!
Eggs in a Hash Brown Nest Ingredients:
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 cups of Frozen Hash Browns
- 3 T. Vegetable Oil
- Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Eggs In A Hash Brown Nest :
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Start out by mixing your hash browns and oil in a bowl.
- Spoon your mixture into a muffin pan.
- Bake your hash brown nests for 30 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- Make your hard boiled eggs and peel them.
- Place your peeled eggs, hash brown nests, cheese, and raisin on a work surface.
- Cut the end off of your egg.
- Place the egg in your hash brown nest.
- Cut your egg end piece in half using your knife. This will be used for the wings.
- Press the halves on the sides of the egg. The nest will hold them in place.
- Cut a slit out of the front using your knife.
- Cut out a small triangle from the cheese & press it into the slit of the egg.
- Cut the tips off of a raisin and press them on the front for eyes on the sticky side.
Here is a close up of the Baby Bird in a Hash Brown Nest.
These Eggs in Hash Brown Nests is a fun idea for a Easter Brunch or a Spring breakfast!
Here is my awesome helper with his Baby Bird in a Hash Brown Nest!
My boys usually have their class parties at school in the morning so this would be a great idea for a Easter party!