This Easter Dirt Cake is a layered No-Bake dessert with an Oreo crust base and topping with a chocolate cheesecake filling in the center.
Peeps Bunny Dirt Cake
Easter is one of our favorite holidays to get together with friends and family for lunch or dinner. From brown sugar pineapple ham to carrot cake, there are so many recipes that we love to make for our Easter celebrations.
This is a delicious no bake Easter dessert that is perfect for those who love dirt pudding. It is creamy with a intense chocolatey flavor in every bite. The bunny peeps on top make it look like they are hopping through dirt, so this is perfect for Easter Day.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Oreos: These will be used for the base and topping of the recipe.
Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix: This will make the thick and smooth filling in the middle. You will combine it with butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk. Don’t have the box of mix? Try making our delicious homemade chocolate pudding recipe.
Cool Whip: This will make the filling very airy and fluffy. You can also make our homemade whipped cream recipe.
Easter Cake Toppings:
How To Make Easter Dirt Cake
Step 1. Add the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar into a large mixing bowl and combine. Add the milk and instant chocolate pudding into a bowl and whisk to combine until smooth. Combine the chocolate mix and cream cheese mixture together and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add in the cool whip and fold to combine.
Step 2. Press half of the crushed Oreos into the base of a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with the chocolate filling. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed Oreos on top. Place the dish in the fridge for 2 hours to chill. Top with the M&M’s candy and one peep on each slice of cake with green edible grass, serve, and enjoy!
Variations For This Dessert
You can use all or some of the options below to alter the recipe to your liking.
- Instead of regular Oreos, you can use golden or red velvet, although this will change the look of the dessert. Peanut butter Oreos would be another good option for flavor.
- Add Easter candies, sprinkles, chocolates, etc to add to the dirt. Can’t find edible grass? You can color coconut green and sprinkle on top.
- You can use other bunny Easter candy on top if you don’t prefer Peeps.
Prep and Storing
Make this recipe ahead of time: You can leave this recipe at room temperature or in the fridge and then add the decorations right before serving.
Storing: Place any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days. We suggest removing some candies before storing.
More Easter Recipes:
Easter Dirt Cake
- 1 15.5 oz package Oreo cookies crushed
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 boxes 3.4 oz each instant chocolate pudding mix
- 12 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 1 cup Easter M&M's
- 20 PEEP marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk with instant chocolate pudding, until smooth.
- Pour pudding mix into cream cheese mixture. Beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Prepare in a 9×13 dish by pressing half the Oreos on bottom, topped with the pudding filling and then topped with the remaining oreos.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set. When ready to serve, sprinkle top of cake with Easter M&M’s candy, one PEEP to each slice of cake and edible green grass.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
2 comments on “Easter Dirt Cake (No-Bake)”
Does the butter go with the Oreos or the pudding mixture?
Hey Sharon, the butter goes with the pudding mixture. It’s listed in the recipe card.