Easter Puppy Chow (aka Bunny Chow) is a delicious mix of Chex cereal, white almond bark, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, sugar, and mini marshmallows.
Easter Bunny Chow
This Bunny Bait is so good and simple to make. The colors are so eye-popping and pretty that they will put you in a great spring mood! It tastes like warm sunny days and is perfect for brightening up a dessert table for parties and more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Rice Chex Cereal: You can try other kinds of cereal if you like.
White Chocolate Almond Bark: You will combine this with the peanut butter and butter to make a creamy mixture.
Mini Marshmallows: You can use regular or find some Easter-themed marshmallows.
Food Coloring Gel: You will need three colors including pink, aqua, and purple food coloring Gel.
How To Make Easter Puppy Chow
Step 1. Put 9 cups of cereal into a large container. Place 1 square chocolate bark into 3 separate medium bowls. Melt each bowl one at a time in the microwave for about 1 minute mixing every 15 seconds until smooth. Place a few drops of the pink food coloring into the chocolate to make a pastel pink. Place 1 cup of the cereal into the bowl from the large container you prepared. Combine with the pink chocolate until fully coated. Place the mixture onto a piece of parchment paper and begin separating the cereal to dry evenly. Repeat with the 2nd and 3rd bowls using the aqua coloring in one and the purple coloring in the other. Then, once mixed, place and separate to dry on a piece of parchment paper.
Step 2. Add 3 squares of chocolate bark, butter, and peanut butter into a heat-safe bowl and melt on high for 1 minute, and mix. Heat for another 30 seconds until smooth and easily stir able. Take out and mix in the vanilla. Pour into the large container of cereal and combine to coat. Pour in the powdered sugar and combine using a large spoon until coated. Put more sugar if needed until all the cereal is coated. Seal the container with a like and flip it upside down gently a few times to mix thoroughly. Let the mixture cool.
Step 3. Put the colored cereal pieces into the prepared bunny bait with the mini marshmallows. Seal with the lid again and combine by flipping upside down a few times until thoroughly mixed. Scrape the leftover chocolate on the parchment paper using a spoon and sprinkle it on top of the cereal mixture. Seal and store until you are ready to enjoy. Place in separate bowls, plates, or as a platter to serve.
Variations For Easter Puppy Chow:
You can use some of the options below to alter the recipe to your liking.
- You can use chocolate almond bark instead of white, but it doesn’t look as good.
- Feel free to use Easter-themed marshmallows.
- I love the colors used because they are perfect spring colors, but you can try another food coloring.
Tips & Tricks
- Any leftovers should be stored in a Ziplock bag or airtight container for the best storage method.
- You can keep this at room temperature for up to 5 days or store in the fridge.
More Easter Recipes:
- Easter Whoopie Pies
- Frosted Easter Blondies
- Bunny Bait Funfetti Popcorn
- Easter Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- Easter Egg Oreo Balls
Easter Puppy Chow
- 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 6 Squares White Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar plus a little more if needed
- 1 package Mini Marshmallows pastel, I used Great Value – Fruit Mini Marshmallows – from Walmart
- Pink Food Coloring Gel
- Aqua Food Coloring Gel
- Purple Food Coloring Gel
- In a large Container (with a lid) Place the 9 cups of Rice Chex Cereal. In 3 Medium bowls, place 1 square of the White Chocolate Almond Bark in each bowl. Using only one bowl at a time, place the bowl in the Microwave, and melt the White Chocolate, for about 1 minute, stopping to stir about every 15 seconds. When the Chocolate is melted, remove it from Microwave, and add the Pink Food Coloring Gel, making a bright Pastel Pink.
- From the Container with the 9 cups of Cereal; Add 1 cup of Cereal to the bowl. Stir the Cereal, coating it in Pink Chocolate. Pour the Pink Coated Cereal out onto a piece of Parchment Paper, and separate the Cereal pieces to allow the Chocolate to dry, or set. Follow the same steps for the 2nd and 3rd bowls, using the Aqua Food Coloring Gel in one bowl, and the Purple Food Coloring Gel in the other bowl. and placing the coated Cereal pieces out on Parchment Paper.
- While the coated Cereal is drying, make the Bunny Chow: In a microwave-safe dish, add the 3 Squares of the White Chocolate Almond Bark, the Butter, and Peanut Butter, and microwave on high for about 1 minute. Stir, and microwave about 30 seconds longer, or until the mixture is smooth, and can easily be stirred. Remove the dish from the Microwave, and stir in the Vanilla.
- Pour the mixture over the Cereal in the Container, and stir well to coat the Cereal in the mixture. When coated, Add the Powdered Sugar, and using a large spoon, stir the mixture until coated in the Powdered Sugar. Add more Powdered Sugar if needed, so that all the Cereal pieces are coated in Powdered Sugar. Place the lid on the Container, and gently turn the mixture upside down a couple of times to mix well. Allow the mixture to cool.
- When cool, add the Pink, Aqua, and Purple pastel coated Cereal pieces to the Bunny Chow. Add the Mini Marshmallows, then place the lid on the container, and gently turn upside down to mix. Using a spoon, scrape the leftover Pastel Colored Chocolate from the Parchment Paper, and sprinkle it over the Bunny Chow. Place the lid on the Container to store until time to serve. When ready to serve, place on a plate, platter, in a bowl, or in small individual serving bowls. Serve, and Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.