White Chicken Enchiladas
Are you crazy for enchiladas? Wait until you try these White Chicken Enchiladas made with a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken.
It’s so great to pick up a pre-cooked chicken and use it to make a quick, hearty meal. Cooking the chicken takes longer than you might want when you’re in a hurry and your family is beginning to get seriously “hangry.” Next time you buy one, you might want to try these recipes for Spanish Soup or Asian Chicken Noodle Soup.
White Chicken Enchiladas
If you don’t keep a few containers of chicken broth in your cupboard, this recipe is a good reminder of how great it is to have around. It’s very versatile and is at the heart of some of the best dishes ever.
Perfect Side Dishes for White Chicken Enchiladas
Okay, so not a side dish, but a topping… I would chop some green onions, cilantro, and tomatoes and put those out when serving.
A yummy side of refried beans is a perfect choice to serve with your enchiladas. And who can say no to a savory Mexican 7-layer dip?
Mix up a Strawberry Mexican Mojito and you’ve got a dinner you can be proud to serve to your family or guests.
Need an ideal dessert to top it all off? This Margarita Cake is a wonderful choice to serve when you’re making a Mexican themed meal. It even has lime and tequila in the ingredients.
Diced Green Chiles
If you haven’t bought these before, you can usually find them in the grocery store in the same aisle where you’ll find taco shells and refried beans.
Wanna make your own? Crank the heat up to broil in your oven, line a baking sheet with foil, and lay the peppers you like on it.
I suggest you try Poblano peppers but use what you love. Broil them until they are black on one side, and then flip to the other side and do the same thing. When they’re done, pull back the dark skin and use what’s inside. So yummo!
White Chicken Enchilada
- 8-10 Small Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 3 Cups Rotisserie Chicken Shredded
- 3 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded-Divided
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1-4 oz Can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp. diced jalapeños
- Green Onions sliced for garnish
- Diced tomatoes for garnish
- Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Fill tortillas the chicken mixture.
- Roll each one up then place seam side in your baking dish.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute.
- Lower the heat on the skillet and the broth and whisk.
- Cook until it is bubbly.
- Cool sauce for 3-5 minutes until room temperature.
- Add sour cream and green chilies.
- Stir until combined.
- The sauce should smooth and sour cream is completely dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over enchiladas.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with chopped green onions, cilantro, diced jalapeños.