Easter Whoopie Pies
Easter Whoopie Pies are the cute and eye-popping dessert you need this year! This whoopie recipe is a moist, cake-like cookie recipe with a luscious and creamy filling.
Easter Sandwich Cookies
This whoopie pie recipe is absolutely delicious and is super simple to make. This recipe only uses a handful of ingredients to make it and it can be ready in minutes. This Easter recipe is filled with an array of colorful sprinkles and filled with a beautiful pink filling for a tasty treat that you won’t be able to stop eating.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Vanilla Cake Mix: Using a box of cake mix saves a ton of time! However, if you want to use a homemade recipe, you can.
Eggs: When making this recipe, you always want to use room-temperature eggs. It gives the best texture to the whoopie pies.
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and most natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Sprinkles: I prefer using easter sprinkles for this recipe, but any sprinkles will work too!
Powdered Sugar: This is the best sugar to use when needing a frosting with a smooth consistency.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is used not only to add an aroma to the recipe but also to enhance the flavor as well for a sweeter and more delicious recipe.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is a great thickening agent and when used at room temperature it creates a creamy consistency.
Pink Food Coloring Gel: Be sure to use food coloring gel and not the liquid form to make it blend easier into the ingredients. Use a drop to a couple of drops to make the desired color of the recipe.
How To Make Easter Whoopie Pies
Step 1. Set the oven and use parchment paper or a silicone mat to line two baking sheets. Add the cake mix, egg, and butter into a standing mixer and combine using a whisk attachment until a soft dough forms. Put in the 1 cup of sprinkles and combine.
Step 2. Scoop the dough with a small cookie scoop and using your hands roll it into a ball. Place the rest of the sprinkles in a bowl and roll the ball of dough in it to fully coat. Arrange the cookies onto the prepared sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes in the oven. Take out and set aside to cool.
Step 1. Add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream, and a couple of drops of food coloring into a standing mixer and combine until creamy and stiff with peaks.
Step 2. Put the prepared frosting into a piping bag. Size up 2 matching cookies and pipe the frosting onto one cookie.
Step 3. Place the other cooking on top and press down gently. Serve and enjoy!
What Is A Whoopie Pie?
A whoopie pie is two cake-like cookies that are paired together. Before they are put together into a sandwich-style cookie, it is filled with frosting/icing.
Can I Make Whoopie Pies From Scratch?
Using cake mix for whoopie pies is a huge time saver especially if you are in a rush. However, if you have a homemade recipe you would like to use, you can. Either one will work just fine!
More Whoopie Pie Recipes:
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Peppermint Whoopie Pies
- Apple Cider Whoopie Pies
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Whoopie Pies
Easter Whoopie Pie
- 1 large piping bag with a star tip
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ Cup butter unsalted
- 3 Cup sprinkles easter
- Vanilla frosting
- ½ Cup butter unsalted, softened
- 2 ½ Cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- gel food coloring Pink
- Preheat the oven and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Using a standing mixer and whisk attachment, combine the cake mix, egg, and butter
- Beat until a soft dough forms
- Mix in 1 C of sprinkles
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll it into a ball
- Pour the remaining sprinkles into a bowl and roll the dough ball in the sprinkles until completely coated
- Place the dough balls onto the cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutesRemove from oven and allow to cool
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy whipping cream, and a few drops of pink gel food coloring. Beat the butter until creamy and holds a peak
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag
- Pair the whoopie pies up to make a sandwich and pipe frosting onto the bottom whoopie pie
- Place the top whoopie pie onto the frosting and gently press down. Enjoy