Bang Bang Shrimp
This Bang Bang Shrimp recipe combines crispy fried shrimp with a sweet and spicy Thai chili sauce. The combination is perfection! This easy shrimp recipe can be served over rice, noodles or by itself as an appetizer.
Easy Bang Bang Shrimp
This shrimp recipe is so good and easy to make that you will want to make this every night for a whole week! This is a recipe that only has a few ingredients for each step and can be ready in no time. I love making this as an appetizer for parties or as a meal for dinner.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Shrimp: When you make your shrimp, you want to make sure that they are peeled, deveined, and the tails are removed.
Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper Powder, Old Bay Seasoning, and cilantro for garnish.
Flour: Using flour can help coat the shrimp as well as help with the cooking of the shrimp
Panko Bread Crumbs: I like using panko to get the crunchiest and crispiest shrimp.
Sauce Ingredients: Mayonnaise, sriracha, and sweet chili sauce.
How To Make Bang Bang Shrimp
Step 1. Add the prepared shrimp into a large bowl with salt and pepper. Using three separate bowls, add the flour into one, a beaten egg into another, and the panko crumbs and old bay seasoning mixed into the final bowl.
Step 2. Starting with one shrimp at a time, dip into the flour and shake off any excess. Put into the egg, then coat in the panko and continue for a second time to get a super crispy shrimp. Repeat until all the shrimps are coated and allow them to sit for 5 minutes.
Step 1. Add 2-2 1/2 inches of oil into a deep pan and let the oil heat to 375 degrees. Put about 9-10 pieces of the prepared shrimp into the hot oil and cook on a medium flame until crispy, light brown, and fully cooked on the inside for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure to not overcook or the shrimp may become rubbery and chewy.
Step 2. Take the shrimp out of the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to catch the excess oil.
Bang Bang Sauce
Step 1. Add all the bang-bang ingredients into a bowl and combine.
Step 2. Top the crispy shrimp with some chopped fresh cilantro and top with the prepared sauce and toss to coat or use it as a dipping sauce. Serve and Enjoy!
What Is Bang Bang Shrimp?
This shrimp is a deep-fried shrimp that creates a crunchy texture with a sauce that can be dipped in. The sauce is what makes the recipe because it’s sweet with a slight kick.
What Does Bang Bang Shrimp Taste Like?
You can season your shrimp to your liking, but the sauce is sweet and slightly spicy which compliments the shrimp so well. You can toss your shrimp in the sauce or use it for dipping.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder (Slow Cooker)
- Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- Cajun Shrimp and Grits
- Valentine Shrimp Salad with Heart Biscuits
Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1 lb. shrimps peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Black pepper powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1 large egg beaten
- Oil for frying
- cilantro Chopped for garnishing
BANG BANG SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sriracha
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- In a large bowl season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place all-purpose flour, beaten egg, and Panko bread crumbs in three separate bowls. Mix old bay seasoning into the panko.
- Working with one shrimp at a time, dip the shrimp in the flour, shake off the excess flour then dip it in the egg and then coat it in the bread crumbs, repeat the process for a second time to make it extra crunchy.
- Coat all the shrimps and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- In a pan fill oil (about 2 -2 ½ inches deep) and heat to around 375 F. Place 9-10 pieces of shrimp in the hot oil and fry the shrimps on medium flame until crisp, golden, and evenly cooked from inside (about 2-3 minutes). Just make sure not to overcook as that might turn shrimp rubbery and chewy.
- Remove the shrimps from the oil and drain the excess oil using a paper towel.
- Next, mix all the ingredients under bang bang sauce.
- Garnish hot crispy shrimps with chopped cilantro and serve with bang bang sauce on the side OR pour the sauce over the fried shrimps and toss properly.