Homemade Sugar Cookies are by far the best treat out there and definitely a favorite in my household. This Sugar Cookie Recipe will for sure be a go-to recipe. You are going to love how quick and easy these sugar cookies are to make and how soft, chewy and delicious they are.
This Sugar Cookie recipe is so good! You only need a few ingredients to have amazing sugar cookies in less than 10 minutes. These cookies have the chewiest and softest texture. The blend of ingredients gives a sweet vanilla flavor as well. No need for rolling like our popular cut out sugar cookie recipe.
Can’t get enough sugar cookie flavor? You have to try Sugar Cookie Hot Cocoa Bombs or Christmas Sugar Cookie Fudge. These are such fun twists on a classic cookie.
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Cream Cheese- This will need to be softened or at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs- These will need to be at room temperature.
- Flour- The flour will need to be unbleached for this recipe.
- Baking Powder- This will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Salt– This salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Baking Soda– This will double your ingredients in the recipe.
How To Make Sugar Cookies
Set the oven to 400 degrees and use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
Add the butter, sugar, and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl or standing mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes to combine.
Pour in the vanilla.
One at a time, add in the eggs.
Gradually combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Roll your dough into balls and arrange onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Add sugar into a small bowl and put the dough balls inside and roll them to coat in sugar or add less sugar onto the cookies by sprinkling on top of the cookie balls.
Place the cookies into the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes or until they begin to brown. ( 8 minutes was a great amount of time for my oven)
Take the cookies out and let the cookies cool down on the sheet for 5 minutes.
After cooling, transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I Freeze Sugar Cookie Dough?
Most dough recipes will not need to be frozen unless you are on a schedule. This Sugar Cookie recipe can be frozen ahead of time though. You will need to properly seal the dough in a sealed container. If you were to add icing on top of this already tasty cookie, freezing the dough is very helpful.
Can I Use this Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe for Different Holidays?
If you want to switch these cookies up and use them for holidays, a fun way to change them up is to use different colored sanding sugars. Instead of rolling them in regular sugar, roll them in sanding sugar that matches the holiday like I did. I used pink and purple sanding sugar to make them Easter colored.
More Sugar Cookie Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookies
- Maple Chai Sugar Cookies
- Circus Animal Sugar Cookies
- Easy Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter melted (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups of unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar or holiday sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar, and cream cheese. Beat well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat in eggs one at a time.
- Slowly mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Create 1” balls and roll them in sugar or holiday sprinkles.
- Place cookie dough balls on a baking sheet about 2” apart.
- Sprinkle extra sugar or sprinkles on the top of the cookies before you bake them.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the edges start to brown (8 minutes was perfect for my oven).
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let the cookies cool on a cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.