This Blackberry Bramble Cocktail is the perfect summer cocktail. With fresh berries, lemon juice, and fresh mint, this drink is a combination of vodka and gin. This light and refreshing cocktail make a great cocktail to serve for friends on a summer evening or a relaxing afternoon.
Blackberry Bramble Cocktail
This Blackberry Bramble Cocktail is a twist on a drink that became popular in the 80s, in London. This drink combines the fresh taste of blackberries with fresh lemon juice with vodka and gin. It is topped off with tonic water to create a fantastic drink.
- Blackberries- Fresh berries are the best but frozen can be used.
- Mint leaves- Fresh mint leaves add an incredible flavor.
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice is part of the signature flavor of this cocktail.
- Simple syrup- You can use store bought simple syrup or make your own.
- Gin- A dry gin is best when making this drink
- Citron vodka- This is a lemon flavored vodka. You can use a non-flavored vodka.
- Tonic water- Tonic water is used to top off this cocktail
- Ice- Blackberry Brambles are served on the rocks.
How to Make a Bramble Recipe
Using a bar shaker, combine 2 blackberries, 2 minced leaves, lemon juice, and simple syrup and muddle it until everything is crushed.
Add the gin and vodka and then shake it to combine.
Add tonic water to the cocktail and garnish with lemon, blackberries, and mint leaves.
Do I Have to Use Fresh Berries?
While fresh blackberries always taste better, using frozen blackberries is ok. I like to make sure the berries are thawed before adding them to the drink so that berries do not make the drink watery.
What Gin is Best for a Bramble?
When choosing a gin, you want to choose a gin that is dry or extra dry for the best flavor in this Blackberry Lemon Gin & Tonic. Of course, you can use whatever type or brand of gin you like.
More Cocktail Recipes
- American Cocktail
- McGregor Irish Cream Cocktail
- Caramel Apple Butterscotch Cocktail
- Caramel Apple Cocktail with Chocolate
- Dirty Irishman Cocktail
Blackberry Lemon Gin & Tonic
- 4-6 blackberries
- 2 minced mint leaves
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. simple syrup
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz Citron vodka
- Tonic water
- Combine 2 blackberries, 2 minced leaves. lemon juice, and simple syrup in a bar shaker.
- Muddle to until crushed.
- Add gin and citron vodka, shake to combine.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish slice of lemon, blackberries and mint leaves.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.