It’s almost St. Patrick’s Day and it’s the perfect time for a minty delicious treat. This milkshake is for the grownups only, though. This Boozy Shamrock Shake has Bailey’s Irish Cream in it and gives it a nice additional flavor.
Boozy Shamrock Shake
I absolutely love the flavor of mint in desserts. If however, it isn’t your favorite thing, I encourage you to try a Shamrock Shake anyway! They are incredibly popular for a reason and even folks that don’t traditionally love mint, really love this.
If your preference is a non-alcoholic version or want to make one for the whole family to enjoy, we have a CopyCat recipe of the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake. It’s delicious!
Ingredients You Need
The ingredients are simple and just like a traditional milkshake you would make at home with one big difference.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – any brand or flavor (ie: french vanilla, vanilla bean, etc.) Or you can use homemade vanilla ice cream!
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – this basically replaces the milk in the recipe.
- Mint Extract – make sure you don’t get *peppermint* extract, it’s not the same.
- Green Food Coloring – this is what makes the milkshake look festive for St. Patrick’s Day. If you’d like to skip this step it’s fine.
- Whipped Cream & Maraschino Cherries – to top off the milkshake and add extra yummy flavor. This step is optional.
How to Make a Boozy Shamrock Shake
If you guessed that you probably already know how to make this, you probably do! If you’ve made a milkshake before, this will be familiar.
- Simply add the ingredients (minus the toppings) to a blender and pulse until it’s smooth.
- Pour the shake into glasses and top it all off with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry.
Something that can make this more fun and festive on St. Patrick’s Day is to add some fun accessories like:
- Green Paper Straws
- Shamrock Cocktail Picks
- Green Edible Glitter – to sprinkle over the whipped cream
- Light Up Green plastic cups
More Fun St. Patrick’s Day Treats
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- Combine ice cream, Irish Cream, mint extract, and green food coloring in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses; top with whipping cream and a cherry.