Shamrock Pretzels are the cutest St. Patrick’s Day treat ever! These yummy snacks with pretzels, Rolos and M&Ms look like edible four leaf clovers.
If you’re getting into the St. Patty’s Day festivities with a snack, we have several fun ones. Leprechaun Bait and Pot of Gold Oreos are two of my favorites. All of these are really great recipes for the kids to help out with.
These cuties would be really fun to make for a class party at school or just as a fun celebration. They would make a great addition to a dessert table or party favors.
My nephews birthday is on St. Patrick’s Day, so as a family we usually go all out. We love making all things green for breakfast lunch and dinner on the holiday!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Pretzel Sticks
- Pretzel Twists
- Rolo Candy
How To Make Shamrock Pretzel Treats
This really is a super simple recipe. Let’s get started. First, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Having this down makes pulling the pretzels off later much easier.
Lay out the pretzel sticks with three of the mini twists around the top of each stick to form a shamrock shape. Easy so far, right?
Then, put a Rolo right in the center of the shamrock where the pretzels all meet.
Put the pan into your oven for just about two minutes — that’s! We just want the Rolo to start to heat so it’s soft and moldable but not totally melted.
Take them back out, put a green M&M in the center and push slightly so it sticks to the Rolo.
Set your Shamrock pretzels in the freezer for half an hour to harden.
How Long Do Shamrock Pretzels Last?
In an airtight container, you can store these at room temperature for about 3-5 days.
More Pretzel Treats to try:
- 1 bag of Pretzel sticks
- 1 bag of mini Pretzel twists
- 1 bag of ROLO candies
- 1 bag of Green mint M & M candies peanut or plain - but the green ones
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Line a cookie sheet with Parchment paper.
- Lay the pretzel sticks out in rows of about 4 across.
- Lay three Mini Pretzel Twists around the top of each stick, to form a shamrock shape.
- Place a ROLO candy in the center of the shamrock - where the Pretzel stick, and the three mini pretzels meet.
- Continue until the cookie sheet is full.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 2 minutes at 300 degrees, just until the ROLO candies start to melt, but not completely melted.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, press an M & M in the center of the melted ROLO and gently press so the chocolate is melted onto all the Pretzels and forms the center.
- Place in the freezer for 30 - 45 minutes to set the melted chocolate.
- Serve and Enjoy!