Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite cookie recipes of all time and perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. These are super moist and chewy because of one very special secret ingredient.
Chocolate and mint go together so perfectly. It is one of my favorite combinations ever (of course right along with peanut butter and chocolate). You’ll definitely want to try making a Copycat Oreo Shamrock Shake and Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse after this.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
So are you ready for the secret ingredient that makes these cookies so chewy and soft? It’s a package of white chocolate instant pudding mix. Genius, right? Honestly, these cookies are so easy to make, you’re going to be wondering why you hadn’t tried it sooner. Plus, I bet you have almost every ingredient in your pantry right now!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Pudding Mix
- Peppermint Extract
- Chocolate Chunks
- Chocolate Chips
- Food Coloring
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This is so simple. First, mix together the butter, sugars, eggs and peppermint.
Next, slowly add in the flour, baking soda, salt and pudding mix. When that is combined, add in some green food coloring so you can have that fun mint shade of green.
Lastly, fold in all the chocolate. I love using chocolate chips and chocolate chunks in this recipe. Why pick one?? Heck, you could use some white chocolate chips or even the Andes mint chips as well. Yum!
Place these a couple inches apart on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes. Watch the edges and pull the cookies out when the edges start to brown. Cookies will always continue to cook on the sheet even after they’re out of the oven, so pull them out before they are cooked entirely.
Why Use Pudding Mix?
This simple added ingredient adds a big punch of flavor to the cookie. Not just that, but it helps make cookies less dry and crunchy. Make sure you are using the pudding mix that says “instant” on the label.
- Measure your flour correctly by leveling it and never packing it.
- Bring your butter to room temperature before mixing.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to make sure each cookie is the same size. Plus, it is a big time saver.
How To Store Your Cookies
Keep these stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four or five days.
Serve these up with a big glass of milk and enjoy your mint chocolate chip cookies!
Watch How This Delicious Cookie Recipe Is Made…
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 sticks softened butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 package white chocolate instant pudding mix small size
- ½ tsp peppermint oil or 1 tsp mint extract
- 4-5 drops of green food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Beat together butter, sugars, mint, and eggs until blended.
- Slowly beat in flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix, followed by green food coloring.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chunks, then scoop into small balls using a cookie scooper, and place on a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, then serve as desired.