Shamrock Shake (McDonald’s Copycat)
There is nothing better than a Old-Fashioned Homemade Shamrock Shake! I think everyone has heard of a McDonald’s Shamrock Shake and if you haven’t, you will hear about it now! This Shamrock Shake copycat recipe are a wonderful minty and ice cream blend of goodness and a wonderful frozen beverage to share with friends and family.
Homemade Shamrock Shake
This Shamrock Shake is so refreshing! The bonus is the lovely minty fresh breath you will have after enjoying this cold drink. This recipe is by far one of the easiest recipes to make with only one step. You will fall in love with this shake, so be sure to keep this one handy.
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner so there’s no time like now to bookmark a few fun holiday recipes such as my Mint Chocolate Chip Donuts, my Mint Oreo Cookie Bars, and my family favorite, the St. Patrick’s Day Cheesecake.
- Ice cream- You will use vanilla ice cream for this recipe.
- Milk- You will need whole milk for this shake.
- Mint Extract- Use MINT extract, not peppermint
- Green food coloring- Use regular green food coloring, pastel will not show up.
- Whipped cream- This will be used as an optional topping.
- Maraschino cherry- This is another optional topping.
How to Make a Shamrock Shake
Put the ice cream into a blender with the milk, and food coloring and blend on medium to low speed to combine.
This should be a smooth consistency.
Serve in a cup, topped with whipped cream and a cherry if desired.
What Does Shamrock Shake Taste Like?
This milk shake is super delicious! This Shamrock Shake is a blend of ice cream and mint extract. This will allow the shake to have a minty flavor and a smooth and creamy texture.
What’s the Best Way to Get Mint Flavor?
The best way to get that mint flavor for this shake is through an extract. You will be using a mint extract for this recipe. But, make sure to not use peppermint for this recipe. This is a different flavor than the mint used in this recipe.
MORE ST. PATRICK’S DAY RECIPES
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cake
- Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Shamrock Pretzels
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake
- Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Mousse
Homemade Shamrock Shake
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon mint extract not peppermint
- Green food coloring
- Optional: Whipped topping and a maraschino cherry.
- In a blender on medium-low speed, combine the vanilla ice cream, whole milk, and green food coloring until smooth.