St Patrick’s Day Cookie Bars
These easy to make St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Bars are not only delicious, but it is also a simple fun way to bring some St. Patrick’s Day fun to any party. Made with green M&Ms, these classic chocolate chip cookies bars are the perfect cookie to lure out those hungry leprechauns.
Need some more St. Patrick’s Day Fun? Why not try making St Patricks Day Mint Cookies too.
St Patrick’s Day Cookie Bars
When it comes to St. Patrick’s Day, you don’t have to be Irish to get in on the fun. Make a batch of these St. Patrick’s Day cookie bars and let the party begin. Use these cookies after making a hearty dinner of corned beef and cabbage or use it as bait when trying to catch leprechauns. No matter why you make these cookies bars, you know they are going to be a hit.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Light brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Green M&M’s
- Semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Bars
Preheat the oven and prepare a 9*9 baking dish with parchment paper.
Using a mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla.
In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until it is well combined
Fold in the M&M’s and chocolate chips
Press the dough into the baking dish and then top with a few extra pieces of M&Ms and chocolate chips on top.
Bake the cookie dough in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until it is lightly brown.
Remove the cookie bars from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Do I Have to Use Icing on This Cookie Bar Recipe?
This recipe is sweet with chocolate chips and M&Ms and it doesn’t have a frosting recipe included. If you want to add a St Patrick’s Day themed frosting you can use a store bought cream cheese frosting and color it with green food dye.
Does This St. Patrick’s Day Treat Need to Be Refrigerated?
These chocolate chip cookie bars do not need to be stored in the refrigerator. You will need to have this St. Patrick’s Day treat stored in an airtight container or freezer bag.
St Patrick's Day Cookie Bars
- ½ C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 11/2 C flour
- ¾ C green M&M’s
- ¾ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Fold in the M&M’s and chocolate chips
- Press the dough into the baking dish
- Top a few extra pieces of M&M’s and chocolate chips on top
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars