These Buffalo Chicken Wontons are shredded chicken combined with cream cheese, shredded cheese, buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing inside a crispy shell. This quick and easy appetizer recipe is always a huge hit!
These delicious wonton cups are quick and easy to make for lunch or looking to impress at a Super Bowl party. These incredibly delicious and simple appetizers are a must-have! The chicken is wrapped in wonton sheets to make a crispy finger food in just minutes.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Wonton Sheets: These will be used to make crispy cups for buffalo chicken.
Cream Cheese: This will make the consistency of the recipe thick and creamy along with the shredded cheese.
Buffalo Wing Sauce: I prefer using this hot sauce, but you can use any kind you prefer.
Garnish: Drizzle some ranch dressing on top or use it for dipping. I also like to top with chopped green onions for more flavor.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wontons
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use cooking spray to grease a mini muffin tin. Press the wontons into the prepared muffin tin using a pastry press or small spoon. Add the cream cheese, chicken, buffalo sauce, and shredded cheese into a large mixing bowl and combine.
Step 2. Fill each cavity with 1 Tbsp of the chicken mixture. Place into the oven to bake for 12 minutes or until browned and crispy. Take them out of the oven and allow them to rest for 5 minutes to cool. Top with ranch dressing and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Buffalo Chicken Wontons:
There are a few different ways to fit this recipe more to your liking if needed. You can look below to see some optional substitutions and variations for this recipe:
- You can use rotisserie or canned, flaked chicken that is drained well. You can also season the chicken to your liking.
- Use any kind of shredded cheese you prefer, I like Colby jack, cheddar, or mozzarella.
- You can use any kind of buffalo or hot sauce depending on hot or spicy you want it.
- Use blue cheese instead of ranch if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
- If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can just stuff the wrappers and seal with a little bit of water on the edges.
- I find that using a hand mixer can shred cooked chicken breasts with ease if needed.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Skinny Buffalo “Wings”
- Buffalo Chicken Crescent Ring
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- 24 wonton sheets
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chicken shredded, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
- ranch dressing for drizzling
- green onions chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a mini muffin baking tin with cooking spray.
- Using a pastry press or a small spoon, press the wonton sheets into the mini muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chicken, buffalo wing sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Fill each wonton sheet with a tablespoon of the buffalo chicken mixture.
- Bake for 12 mins or until the wontons are browned and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle with green onions.
- Enjoy warm!
- Muffin tin mini
- Mixing bowl large
- wooden spoon
- pastry press or small spoon
- cooking spray
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.