If you love the flavor of Buffalo wings, then these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are for you! Shredded chicken, spicy Buffalo sauce, melted Monterey Jack cheese, all folded into a flour tortilla and grilled until crisp. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and a side of fresh carrots and celery for a delicious lunch or easy dinner.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
One of the best ways to use leftover chicken is to make these cheesy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas. They’re so fast to make, you’ll want to keep the ingredients on hand for any time there are hungry people in your house to feed!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Fully cooked shredded chicken – this is a great use for leftover chicken, or you can cook raw chicken in a slow cooker until tender (which is what I did for this recipe). The Instant Pot is also a perfect way to quickly cook chicken to use in your quesadillas.
- Buffalo sauce – use mild, medium, or spicy Buffalo sauce that you like.
- Monterey Jack cheese – this cheese melts so nicely and has a nice flavor in these quesadillas.
- Large flour tortillas – use burrito size tortillas.
- Ranch Dressing – our Homemade Ranch Dressing is perfect with this.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and shredded cheese.
Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 tortillas and spread out on one half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half into a half circle shape to cover the filling.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place a quesadilla into the hot skillet and cook on each side until golden brown and the filling is hot. Repeat this process with each quesadilla. Cut each quesadilla into four triangles.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Ranch dressing for dipping
- Chopped green onions as garnish
- Fresh celery sticks
- Fresh carrot sticks or baby carrots
How to Store the Leftovers
Keep the leftover Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas in an airtight food storage container or a zip-top bag in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to three days. Reheat individual portions in the microwave or in a skillet.
More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- Crockpot Crack Chicken with Bacon
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 cups fully cooked chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 tortillas and spread out on one half of each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half into a half circle shape to cover the filling.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place a quesadilla into the hot skillet and cook on each side until golden brown and the filling is hot. Repeat this process with each quesadilla.
- Cut each quesadilla into four triangles and serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing for dipping and a side of celery sticks or carrots.