If you have never had this amazing Butterfly Pea Tea Latte, you are missing out. So vibrant and with an amazing taste, this is a truly special latte. This gorgeous flower from Southeast Asia gives the tea a stunning blue color that has such an amazing presentation.
Butterfly Pea Tea Latte
This Butterfly Latte will become one of the most amazing drinks you will ever make! This recipe is so easy to make and becomes such a bright blue in color. The steeping from these butterfly pea flowers is what gives you that beautiful color. This has the same process of brewing regular tea. You can enjoy this lovely drink with some simple recipes like these delicious Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping or Blueberry Biscuit Bombs.
- Ice Cubes- This will be used to cool the recipe.
- Water- This will be boiled and allow the flowers to steep.
- Creamer- You will need Italian sweet cream for this recipe. (I used Coffee Mate brand)
- Butterfly Pea Flowers– These will steep in the hot water to turn the bright blue color.
How to Make Butterfly Pea Tea
Add some hot water into a heat-safe pitcher and place in the microwave to cook for 3 minutes.
Put the butterfly pea flowers into the heat-safe pitcher and pour the water over the flowers. Allow the flowers to steep for 15 minutes.
Pour the tea over ice and top with creamer.
Serve and enjoy!
Is Butterfly Pea Tea Safe?
This Butterfly Pea flower is very safe. The flower adds such a pretty color to the drink. There is no need to worry about the safety of drinking this beverage.
How Does Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Change Color?
The color change comes from steeping the butterfly pea flowers in hot water. You can also change the color to a purple color as well. You can do this by adding a bit of lemon.
More Latte Recipes:
- Homemade Caramel Pumpkin Latte
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte
- White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cake Recipe
Butterfly Pea Tea Latte
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Italian sweet cream creamer - I use the coffee mate brand
- 1 tablespoon butterfly pea flowers
- Begin by placing water in a microwave-safe pitcher and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Next, add butterfly pea flowers to a pitcher and pour hot water over them, letting them steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Then, pour the brewed tea over ice and then pour sweet cream over the top and watch the vivid blue swirls come to life. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.