Cabbage Steaks (Oven Baked)
Looking for a delicious way to cook cabbage? Make Oven Baked Cabbage Steaks for a wonderfully quick and easy side dish to any dinner.
Cabbage is an exceptionally nutritious food, filled with fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamins C and K. This is a great veggie to add to your plate! These are so easy to whip up to go along with your dinner, you’ll want to make them as often as possible.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Oven Baked Cabbage Steaks (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Cabbage – use one large head of cabbage. It’s a good idea to remove the outside layer of dark leaves.
- Canola or vegetable oil – you could also use olive or avocado oil if you prefer.
- Salt and black pepper – you’ll just add salt and pepper to taste.
How to Make Oven Baked Cabbage Steaks
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees. Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and place in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Brush both sides of each cabbage steak with oil.
Season both sides of the cabbage with salt and black pepper to taste.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown. The outside will be more darkly caramelized and the middle should be soft.
What to Serve with Cabbage Steaks
- Sauce – we enjoyed our cabbage steaks drizzled with yum yum sauce, but other sauces are delicious too. Some to try are warmed teriyaki sauce, hot sauce, soy sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, or other salad dressings.
- Meat – cabbage steaks are a perfect accompaniment to a main dish like steak, chicken, fish, turkey, and more.
- Vegetarian – for a hearty vegetarian meal, make the cabbage steak the main dish and add stir-fried veggies and tofu, a veggie burger, mushrooms with a balsamic vinegar glaze, or any filling and protein-rich vegetarian foods.
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the leftover cabbage steaks in an airtight food storage container and refrigerate for up to three days.
More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Oven Baked Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and place in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Brush both sides of each cabbage steak with oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Yum Yum Sauce (if preferred).