Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
If you love the delicious creamy sauce you usually have at your favorite hibachi restaurant, then you’ll want to make this wonderful Yum Yum Sauce Recipe. Perfect with shrimp, steamed rice, fried rice, steamed or stir-fried vegetables, grilled or pan-fried chicken, this is one really versatile condiment!
Yum Yum Sauce
Ever since I first tried yum yum sauce at a Hibachi restaurant I’ve wanted to make it at home. It’s absolutely delicious! We especially like it over fried rice or for dipping shrimp, but it even makes a yummy hamburger sauce or dipping sauce for French fries.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Homemade Yum Yum Sauce (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy to print recipe card):
- Mayonnaise – use any mayonnaise you like.
- Granulated sugar – be aware that as the sauce chills the sugar will melt into the sauce, making it look a bit separated. This is normal and is fixed with a quick stir.
- Rice vinegar – you could also use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Garlic powder
- Water – the water is used to thin the sauce to the right consistency.
How to Make Yum Yum Sauce
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, sugar, paprika, vinegar, and garlic powder until smooth.
Stir in the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Cover the sauce and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and stir well before serving.
What to Eat with Yum Yum Sauce
- Fried rice
- Steamed white or brown rice
- Hibachi style or stir-fried chicken or beef with vegetables
How to Store Leftovers
Keep the sauce in an airtight container or a glass jar with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days. Stir well before serving.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-3 tablespoons water
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, sugar, paprika, vinegar, and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in the water 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Cover the sauce and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir well before serving.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator in a food storage container with a lid or in jar for up to 5 days.