This easy Shrimp Scampi is seasoned sauteed shrimp cooked in oil, butter, and white wine served over linguine pasta. Ready in just 15 minutes and will become a family favorite dinner.
This is a pasta recipe that you need on your weekly menu for dinner. I love serving this with bread and salad to my family. I have not had one complaint about this simple and quick recipe. It is so flavorful, and filling, and will keep everyone satisfied.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Spaghettini: You can use this, but I prefer linguine for this recipe, I find it tastes the best.
Shrimp: You will need raw shrimp that is washed, peeled, and deveined.
Sauce: You will need a combination of dry white wine, olive oil, and butter to cook with the shrimp.
Seasonings: I like to use a combination of chopped green onion, chopped fresh parsley, minced garlic, crushed chili flakes, black pepper, salt to bring out the flavor, and freshly-squeezed lemon.
How To Make Shrimp Scampi
Step 1. Clean, peel, and devein the shrimp if needed and place it aside. Add the oil and butter into a large frying or cast iron pan and cook until just boiled. Put in the garlic and cook until lightly sautéed. Pour in the white wine and bring it to a boil. Keep cooking until half of the wine has evaporated.
Step 2. Put the prepared shrimp into the cast iron with the onions, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook until the shrimp becomes a vibrant pink/orange color. Put in the cooked pasta with the parsley and combine. Continue until the pasta is warm. Take off the heat and top with half a lemon’s worth of juice. Mix, serve, and enjoy!
What To Serve With Shrimp Scampi?
I love this recipe by itself without anything on the side, but there is an array of things you can enjoy this with. Try this recipe with garlic bread or breadsticks, a side salad, roasted vegetables, or mashed potatoes.
Tips & Tricks
- I prefer linguine noodles for this recipe, but any kind will work.
- You can use vegetable oil instead of olive oil.
- I like to use a paring knife to cut the shrimp down the middle not too far and peel. Then, you can grab the grey vein and pull.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method.
More Shrimp Recipes:
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Shrimp and Corn Chowder (Slow Cooker)
- Cajun Shrimp and Grits
- Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 1 cup spaghettini cooked, or linguine
- 1 lb. package shrimp raw
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped, fresh
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chili flakes crushed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 lemon fresh
- Wash, peel, and de-vein (if necessary) the shrimp and set aside.
- In a large frying or cast iron pan, heat the oil and butter until just boiling.
- Add the garlic and lightly sauté until the color just slightly changes.
- Add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Continue boiling until about half the wine has evaporated.
- Place the shrimp into the pan evenly, and add the onion, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the shrimp is bright pink/orange in color.
- Add the pasta and the parsley and mix thoroughly. Cook until the pasta is warm.
- Remove from heat and squeeze the juice from half of a lemon. Stir and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.